Customer reviews

on 6 October 2012
The book is easy to read and will give you a good understanding of how Linkedin works and how to make good use of it. I would not regard it as being excellent value for money though because you would expect a lot more content for a £14.99 book.
on 30 July 2012
Although I had a LinkedIn profile prior to purchasing this book, I found this book extremely insightful with its handy tips to build and strengthen your profile. With the increasing use of social media, this book is a step by step guide to help get the best out of LinkedIn both from a personal and professional standpoint.
on 9 November 2011
The perfect book for anyone wishing to use Linkedin properly. Lots of tips on how to build the most effective profile, and also what NOT to do (which actually turns out to be quite important in some instances!). I have recommended this book to friends who I know are on Linkedin but not using it effectively.
on 28 June 2011
I don't know about you but I have been 'on' LinkedIn since just after it started. Everyone I knew in business was busy loading up their CV and like them I did nothing with this fantastic networking tool. I kept meaning to update my profile, answer questions and start discussions and again like so many others my main problem was knowing where to start. The great thing about this book is that it really does make LinkedIn EASY. I was able to follow what is in effect a workbook, which takes you through each step, explaining the relevance and importance of each thing you need to do to get to a really useful LinkedIn profile. The screenshots and examples make everything easy to find and gave me the confidence that I was doing it correctly.

So, you have a complete profile and now what? Well this is where I think the author demonstrates that she actually uses LinkedIn rather than just knows a lot about it! At the back of the book are a series of 'recipes', formulae for everything from building a business to finding a job. Each one guides the reader on how to best make use of LinkedIn's formidable reach.

This book is a great investment for anyone who wants to make LinkedIn really work for them and I strongly recommend it.
on 25 August 2012
I was looking for a well structured enriched user manual for LinkedIn, but this is not the one. The few screen snapshots are unreadable on a Kindle.
on 6 August 2011
The book is easy to read and understand, and very useful to a LinkedIn novice. Even for the more experienced user there are still a few gems to be discovered. After all, there is a difference between knowing a programme or social medium and getting the most out of it. The book is also a useful reference to check now and then to make sure you have not forgotten a 'trick'.

Reading this book I was kind of pleased to see that I already knew most of it. However, the book did bring some useful tips and 'tools' to my attention that came in useful during my jobhunt - to get the most out of my network (1st and 2nd degree connections) and the companies I was interested in.

Being the medium that it is, LinkedIn is likely to change and modify itself over time, and therefore the book will need an updated edition or addendum. But then, this is valid for any book regarding a fast changing medium or tool (e.g. internet or computer software). Most of the principles and functions are likely still to be found in newer (layout) versions of LinkedIn.
on 9 August 2011
This book is excellent,it does what it says; it is easy to read, a great aide-memoir,you can readily find what you are looking for and it's full of great advice!
if you want to further your expertise with Linkedin or if you are just starting out, this is the book for you. Recommended.
on 3 August 2011
I'm fairly experienced with linkedin, but there were a lot small details in the book that I had'nt used on linkedin.. Linkedin is easy enough to just log in and get going, but the strength of the book is how it takes all the dispirate elements of linkedin and structures them into a sequence of insights and to do's. It's worth buying even for relatively advanced users.
 Using Linkedin
on 1 July 2011
Just finished reading "LinkedIn Made Easy" by Linda, what a great read and for me it is going to help me maximise my 250 contacts I have that were just sat there gathering idust. The book also helps you set goals and carry out activities, which works for me. I would normally read the book and either forget to implement the great ideas or say implement them later which never happened. Thanks Linda
on 28 June 2011
Do you know what? Writing this review has made me revisit some of the brilliantly clear information that Linda Parkinson-Hardman shares in LinkedIn Made Easy. It is heaven-sent for someone who is just getting started. Yet just as good to pick up and work through if you're a veteran online social networker, like me who needs to make a few changes to keep things interesting and up-to-date.