on 16 September 2013
I read other books on Excel in order to learn how to use it, but it was like trying to learn to fly an air plane by reading about the controls. This book is more like a flight simulator that will give you the confidence to start flying on your own!
on 28 April 2017
This book provides great training for beginners and those a little rusty on their Excel skills and need a refresher. Very happy I purchased this as it's been a fantastic help!
on 29 February 2012
I brought this book because I consider myself a basic user of excel and wanted to expand and improve my skills. I can honestly say that this is the best book I have ever brought and has helped me so much. each section takes about an hour to complete and with only 7 sections, this book can be completed very quickly. the layout is easy to follow and has some great tips, and various examples which are very easily downloadable from the website.

I always thought I was fairly good on excel but this book has taught me some stuff I never knew you could even do.

This is the perfect book for a basic excel user to improve and work on your skills
on 16 August 2012
We first bought this book after upgrading to Excel 2010 and now get a copy for every new trainee accountant. It is structured in a bitesize 'lesson' format that makes it easy to pick up and put down during the day. I describe it as a 'basic to intermediate' guide but even advanced users of Excel have been able to pick up tricks and tips.

The only criticism is that the book isn't in colour. With sections on conditional formatting, charts and graphs some colour would help!

Alex
on 21 October 2015
This is the best ever training book I have ever used. If anyone was listening when I was going through these exercises they may have wondered what I was oooohing and arhing about. Fab fab fab is all I can say. Now I understand some really neat stuff about Excel. No wonder expert users of the software love it so much. So do I now! The only down side is that the paperback version is printed by Amazon. Thus you have an A4 sized book with extremely thin covers that you cannot prop up reasonably without it flopping about everywhere. This is not the author's fault. The author I think is a real gem. Thanks very much Mr Smart.
on 19 March 2013
This book is not great as a quick reference tool but if used a training programme, it would be great.
on 28 November 2013
Thanks for making this sooo easy and enjoyable. I'm learning things I didn't know able Excel in general and gaining greater understanding about the 2010. Bliss to find out it now saves a draft - I mean none of us mean to dealt a spreadsheet that we have just spent hours working on but it happens. 2010 now allows recovery.

The book itself is so well laid out, brilliant format and easy to follow. Working through this one before I move on to expert. A book I can really recommend.
on 17 July 2014
This is a really excellent way to learn Excel 2010. I had been a user of the previous versions of Excel and always struggled with the new layouts, but now am fine with them. This book provides practical exercises with actual excel files that you can download so that you learn by doing which is always thebest way. Cannot praise this highly enough.
on 7 March 2013
I thoroughly recommend this manual, to anyone who has some previous knowledge of excel. The title is “Essential Skills”. Not
Basic.
Here goes of all books and DVDs I have bought to learn Excel, this is the very best.
When you have completed the last Lesson 7-13, buy Excel 2007 Expert Skills and the "VIDEO TRAINING" DVD
on 11 July 2013
I chose this rating because after being given the delivery range dates of between 25 June and 08 July, the book was delivered only a few days later.
The book looks almost new.
It is the best I ever expected on the subject of teaching excel and is easy to use and understand.
I would definitely recommend this to someone else.