Customer reviews

on 21 April 2014
I recently visited the London Diving Chamber for a 50 metre dry dive in the hyperbaric chamber. One of the other students recommended this book to me. It was not convenient to purchase the book there, as I was on a three day visit to the London galleries, and it would be just another item to carry.

The book is an excellent reference to those people who are really into either recreational or technical diving. It is probably too much for the casual once a year holiday diver, although it covers many interesting aspect about the human body.
on 10 July 2013
Soooo easy to read, very funny and quirky, and a very important message hammered into your head all the way through..... No, I won't spoil the fun and reveal it here ;)

It's also very good to explain a lot of common problems with diving.

Definitely a book to have and refer to in case of worries.

The only downside is that when I bought it, it only came in a hard copy. Would have been perfect as a digital copy to carry with me on any diving trip! As it is, too big / heavy to take along.
on 22 November 2016
Had this on my wish list for 2 years, but was only avaliable as a book. To big and heavy to carry around, Now available as a digital version I bought it straight away.
One person found this helpful
on 4 December 2012
I read the first chapter of this book while waiting at my GP for treatment for an inner ear infection post diving....oh the irony! This is perfect, the right kind of humour mixed with all the info you think you may ever need. It makes for compelling reading, to see just what the next question might bring and is neatly spilt into relevant areas. These dive docs find where they can, ways for you to get into the water...
Any diver of any level can make use of this book - plain english for all your worries = happy diving :-)
One person found this helpful
on 25 May 2017
Interesting case reviews
on 10 March 2017
Excellent!
on 7 August 2017
Super value
on 18 April 2015
Excellent book, easy to navigate and find answers to those specific questions so difficult to find elsewhere, all in easy to understand English.
on 4 June 2014
Easy to understand explanations to the questions asked and in a good format you can easily pick up for a quick read. Found it hard to put down.
on 13 May 2014
I have enjoyed this immensely, not only incredibly informative but utterly entertaining. Dr Firth clearly knows his stuff, and all the first hand experiences give incredible buoyancy to a book that surely emerges from the rest. beautifully designed, clear and concise, with simple accessible information that will please the expert and the novice. As an ex navy diver I wish i had this when I was diving in dangerous zones, as a media diver it helps dispels some myths that are still doing the rounds. Buy it and recommend it without thinking twice, my son who is 17 also enjoyed it immensely, especially for the humor. Safe diving and no bubbles please. (rebreather diver)