Customer reviews

Mokee Joe is Coming: Bk. 1
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 April 2017
Read this in primary school over 10 years ago and loved it so had to buy it!
on 4 December 2003
I bought this book for my son as he was immediately captivated by the extremely scary illustration on the front depicting the evil monster Mokee Joe. Like some books of this genre a great cover can sometimes hide a very mediocre story, however four hours later when my son proclaimed he had finished mokee joe i was more than intrigued. What I found was a brilliant and well crafted tale which will have great appeal for adults and children alike. It is an extremely gripping story full of intrigue and suspense and a fair amount of humour. Compared to the latest Harry Potter instalment that I believe my son to have given up on tis appears far easier for children my sons age (10) to enjoy. We both wait with great anticpation for the sequel!!! P.Mcgann Shepherds Bush.
on 10 November 2003
This is a great spooky story for kids which all the adults (like myself!) are loving! Great characters and a really gripping plot! Superb!
on 8 March 2004
This book is Great!!!
There are characters to love, hate and wonder about.
Peter Murray says this is based on something in his life - I BET ITS NOT!!! But i did meet him (in person), he signed my book!
But this story has a cliff hanger that makes you want more...
PLUS : HE TOLD ME THAT HE IS MAKING A TRILOGY, AND HE'S THINKING OF MAKING A T.V. SERIES OF MOKEE JOE (this info is exclusive from me!!)
on 10 October 2007
There are 3 Mokee Joe books and my two boys loved all of them. At the time they read them they were in key stage 2. Nowhere is safe....when Hudson receives the wierd message, Mokee Joe is coming, his life turns into a nightmare. Who is Mokee Joe and what has Hudson done to make him so mad?
on 18 February 2013
The author recently visited my son's school and inspired my son (11yrs) to want to write! We got this book to see whether he would like it and ended up buying the rest of the Mokee Joe books. He loved them.
on 11 July 2003
Mokee Joe is an exelent vilan. He terorises a group of 3
children and follows them evrywhere...

I read this book in two nights It is unputdownable
on 18 May 2014
For a child who did not read, think she now has the bug thanks, love to see her reading. Thankyou
on 8 August 2016
Bought these after Peter J. Murray visited our school loved the concept of the Mokee Joe stories he is a very clever and inspiring author any of our children who are not that interested in reading have been inspired to read these books especially our boys. As an adult I am also hooked - I read this one in just one day I haven't been as hungry to finish a series of books since the Harry Potter collection. A must read.
on 7 January 2011
I saw Peter at a book launch and immediately thought I would enjoy his books. I consequently bought them all, with the intention of reading them to my 5 year old son. Having just completed 'Mokee Joe is coming!' with him, it is fair to conclude that he loved it. I also loved it as the story works on many levels - the main theme of being chased works for all ages, whereas Hudson's sense of belonging (or lack of) resonates more with adults. Can't wait to read the next one with him, although Harry Potter book 1 is now underway!