on 6 August 2013
I had read other books on this Great British Icon, as well as many other books of this genre. I have to say that this piece is beautifully written, tastefully executed, extraordinarily honest and most important of all ... RESPECTFUL to the lady in question. However difficult certain parts of this life story must have been to tell, LOVE not malice, pours off every page. Its a fabulous and telling title too. Connecting Dors is so apt, as to me, the reader, it seems that Diana took both her son and the Authoress Niema by their hands, and led them through the book herself .... a true connection of Dors in every sense of the word. This is not a cheap hatchet job, or another book by a money motivated would be author. This is the fantastic re telling by two friends, one of whom just happens to be Miss Diana Dors' son, of the fascinating, glamourous, sometimes tragic yet always honest life of one of our own, a true British Icon, Celebrity, Actress and Survivor .... A Grande Dame Extraordinaire!
on 7 May 2016
I don't agree with some of the comments that Jason has disrespected his mothers memory. There's nothing here I haven't read elsewhere. But I wonder about some of Jason's so called friends. What I finished this book with was an overwhelming feeling that someone needs to sit down with Jason and give him a good talking to.
My advice to Jason would be that there's nothing but spiritual emptiness in constant thrill seeking and risk taking - why fear 'routine and normality' , it's comforting and it's nothing to be ashamed of.
This story shows that fate can give you a great start and then give you more than your share of sadness- but it's never too late to take charge of your own destiny .
on 11 February 2015
From the first page, I was entranced! Ms. Ash's writing is so skillful that I found myself encaptured, totally. I knew little about the Diana Dors story until I began researching parent-child relationships of famous women in the film industry. This biography does such justice to the complexity and impact on children, where the mother may have had a fairy tale story, whisked away too soon and the devastating impact on a child who's world literally crumbles around his ears. Thank you Ms. Ash for your sensitive research, your compassion to mother and son, and your ability to tell the story and comment, yet to keep out of the way.
on 5 March 2012
I was rather hesitant to read this book after some of the reviews on here. Is it the best book about Diana Dors? No. Is it dreadful? No.

Admittedly regarding the time before Diana married Alan Lake there wasn't anything especially new to read but the book does give more of an insight into the relationship of Diana and Alan and the problems they faced and the happy times they had. Obviously as Jason grew up his stories and memories add to the book. Of course we then read of his experiences with the death of his Parents and then the book becomes about Jason and his life since then.

Personally I think the best books about Diana Dors are Come By Sunday by Damon Wise and Dors By Diana written by Diana herself. However this book does offer something else and I am glad to have it in my collection.
on 27 June 2013
I enjoyed the story about Diana, such a lovely lady, but such poor taste in men, but found the 2nd part concerning Jason far fetched, I am surprised that he is still alive after all of the drugs and alcohol he has consumed in such a young life, he must have been the friend from hell, yes very kind to animals, but what about his child. Did not think that overall was particularly well written, but Diana was such a draw, an icon I just had to read it.
on 20 September 2014
Excellent delivery. A very amazing lady and insight into the life of "Diana! but sad for her poor son who lost his family and home in one day in his life. Extremely sad for him as he was only 15 - I do remember reading about it in the paper. Excellent book would recommend it.
on 19 December 2011
While this happened before my time I found it to be an interesting read. The book is very well written and captures the intimacy and flavor of the period.
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2011
I am one of the Sons of Diana Dors, GARY and I can tell you first hand that this book is a complete fantasy from the imagination of my little brother Jason. It is quite frankly nothing more than a grotesque attempt to sell some books on the good name of my mother. There have been plenty of books written about her life and I recommend her auto-biography DORS by Diana if you want the story from her. This is all well trodden territory except for the stuff that is made up about Jason's life. -- don't waste your money on this one.

Gary Dawson
1515 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2013
First book I have read on kindle brilliant insight into Diana's life.one of the best biographies I have read.if your into biographies this is the one to read.
on 19 June 2016
A really fascinating, well written account of the whirlwind life of Diana Dors. It is compulsive reading! I totally recommend it!