on 19 September 2010
My wife and I visited a friend in hospital and discovered this "Scrapbook" which someone had left him to browse through. Although it was for the period before we were born, it was nevertheless fascinating to look at. It is all photographs of the era - not news items but food products, fashions, newspapers, periodicals, furniture, kitchen appliances, movie stars, singers,
etc., etc. and very unputdownable! I was so impressed that on our return home I ordered further books in the series - Wartime Scrapbook, 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
All of them are brilliant and friends and relatives who have seen them (or borrowed them!) think they're great. I sent for the 30s Scrapbook on behalf of an elderly neighbour whose wife suffers from dementia and she absolutely loves it as it is a great memory jogger as well as being hugely entertaining. Coupled with the fact that Amazon has the best prices for these books, you can't go wrong!
on 10 December 2012
I was struggling for a meaningful gift for my mothers 80th birthday and then I spotted this on Amazon....Perfect.
It reminded my mother of her childhood and brought back many memories, which ended in hours and hours
of conversation after the viewing. My mother was delighted, so a success all round.
Sometimes it is the little things that mean the most.

If the service supplied by the vendor was anything to go by, I will not hesitate to shop there again for
other presents in the future...
Fast efficient delivery and good communications from these guys....Thank you
on 16 December 2012
Slight damage to spine but nothing major. Lovely colourful book packed with lots of photos. Light weight (for a hard back) so it's easy to hold if elderly/arthritic and plenty of pictures to view on each page. Memory provoking and provides plenty to talk about.
on 16 February 2001
This book is a little pricy for 59 pages. However if you are commited to your studies or general interest in this area then it is a worthwhile and good value buy. My advice is to buy it only if you are really interested in this period.
on 3 July 2014
Perfect - bought this as an 80th Birthday gift for someone along with another book and some CDs of music from the era. Tons of memories, provoked stories and was definitely one of the more unusual gifts. Went down great!
on 8 July 2013
My uncle has dementure and struggles with day to day living but the pictures in this book triggered so many long lost memories. It was a joy to see him smiling and laughing. He couldn't put the book down.
on 9 February 2017
my fault i thought i was getting a pictorial book of how we lived in the 30s but this is full of advertisements from the period still a good buy if thats what you are after
on 3 June 2013
Perfect for use in reminiscence. every page has photographs assembling artefacts - food wrappers, tins, jars, magazines, adverts of cookers etc. Great for dipping into.
on 12 January 2016
Elderly relative enjoyed being reminded of long forgotten products etc. Packed with illustrations. However, book is unusually tall, making it difficult to store.
on 28 July 2013
Purchased to circulate amongst the elderly, to stimulate their memories and encourage discussion
Ideal for small groups of people suffering memory loss