on 20 December 2012
I ordered this for a friend as an xmas present. The book arrived promptly and in good condition, and was just as the seller described it. I am sure my friend who is a life long supporter will be well pleased with it.
on 21 March 2008
This book has the feel of an old style football annual like the ones I bought as a kid in Manchester in the 60s. Most football books are disappointing but this book is different because it gathers a collection of real time stories from the time period covered. The introduction and description by Simon Inglis is moving and I felt myself transported back to my childhood I guess and to growing up in time when United and Busby and Best and Law and Charlton were as much a fixture as the house we lived in. It is a nostalgic ride but also one that shows how teams evoke cities and times. My dad spoke of "Munich" like he did the Second World War.....distant but always there. A book will I will return to again and again at times I am sure.
on 16 November 2007
This is a fantastic book. I loved everything about it - the layout, the old ads for umbro and adidas, but above all the way it transported me back to my youth, to a time when George Best was the epitome of glamour and transcendent skill. Anyone who loves football will love this book. You don't even have to be a Manchester United fan. Thoroughly recommended for men of a certain age and those who may want to understand them.
on 24 October 2007
I bought this book as a present for my two teenage sons. Apart from Harry Potter this is the only other book that I've seen them read cover to cover and really enjoy. Highly recommended as a Christmas present. I think I'll be buying the rest of the series for birthday and Christmas presents for the next few years.
on 26 May 2015