Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 6 May 2006
I really enjoyed this book. I actually found the characterisation to be pretty good and the author really seemed to capture the personalities of particularly Sheppard and McKay very well. Admittedly there wasn't a great deal for Ford and Teyla to do but then the same can be said of the show itself at times.. it's hard to pay off every major character in one show/novel. I thought the plot was intruiging and suspenseful with some great dramatic developments. A good depiction of the friendship between McKay and Sheppard and some good writing for other more occasional characters too such as Carson and Zelenka. All in all, I loved it and have read it several times over already! If you're a fan of Atlantis then you'll enjoy this book. Oh and if you're a fan of Shep whumping then.
VINE VOICEon 19 March 2008
I like this book I really do but am I the only one that thinks it would be nice if we had a few more before this one?
I started reading this book believing it would be set in the early days after they arrive on Atlantis. I would like to know how they found their way around the City, how they found other worlds and other things and how they made them work etc.
I would have liked to hear how they developed their friendship with Teyla and her people and how they all managed to get along in the City. Also whether they could offer any tips on avoiding the wraith and that sort of thing. Maybe it doesn't make for an interesting story but there are plenty of dangers etc that could go on while they search the City.
This books seems to be set a few months down the line when Teylas people are on the mainland and after the storm and the thing with Genii.
Apart from that I enjoyed the book and want to read all of them.
I am a huge fan of the programme and particularly like John Sheppard (I could just drink his bath water!!) I love how Rodney is such a geek and how comical he can be and how lame sometimes! This comes out in the story but he's a bit braver than he seems in the series.
Well enough of my ramblings. This book is worth the read if like me you love Stargate Atlantis. Enjoy.
on 6 July 2008
I enjoyed this book enormously - have enjoyed the series but frequently felt that no advanced civilisation can be that good! So a dark side to the Lanteans is a welcome change to the holier than thou side we are presented with normally.
However I do sympathise with the reviewer who said that it was a little early in the series of books to see this type of story. But I am guessing that this being one of the new breed of thoughtful sci-fi the people watching and chosing to read can take a meatier story line.
on 31 December 2008
This book started a bit slow but then got going pretty quickly. I liked the creepy, horror-like part in the repository better than the conclusion in Atlantis though, that's why I gave it 4 stars and not 5 in the end. But it's well-written, the characters are true to their TV-selves and the story itself is pretty interesting. I'm quite happy with this book :)
on 10 April 2014
You know the characters from the TV so it make it so more real. Poor Shepherd, get transformed again. Would like to read more.