Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 October 2014
My Granddaughter lives in Norway with a Scottish father and Norwegian mother and these books help to keep Scotland in her mind.
on 11 December 2006
My review of "Hamish McHaggis: And the Search for the Loch Ness Monster" applies, to a large extent, to this gem of a book too. Our four intrepid chums set out on Hamish's dodgy "Whirry-Bang" to the capital city to see the festival. Alas, the little vehicle breaks down and they are forced to hitch a life on a car-transporter.

Once in Edinburgh, the adventurous baseball cap-wearing pine marten, Angus, disappears into the tourists and performers and, something like the Woody Allen character Zelig, is spotted here, there and everywhere, at one point performing in a juggling act! The Tattoo is not neglected, the book closing with a wonderful image of the closing ceremony beneath a sky full of fireworks, the crowd expressing its delight in a multitude of languages.

This terrific little book certainly made me want to go - thank goodness I live in Edinburgh! I can't wait to read it to my nephews.
on 4 December 2013
I was really excited to purchase these books as I love that they are about Scotland. I was very disapointed. The story was very jumpy and did not flow. I was unable to read it to my son as the story was so muddled. Nice pictures, terribly written.
on 16 November 2013
Hi
Nice story and lovely bright pictures make all the Hamish Haggis books a lovely read for under 5s
Very nice
on 2 May 2016
Who doesnt love Hamish McHaggis? We do so much we bought extra for our friends
on 11 March 2009
The collection of McHaggis books are really good. They have educational value as they are about real places of interest in Scotland. But the stories are fictional and make good reading at bedtime for your child. My one loves them and we are planning to visit some of the places with him.
on 13 March 2015
All of our grandchildren love the Hamish stories.
on 19 August 2014
great story son loves it
on 3 November 2011
An excellent book with vivid pictures. You can't help but fall in love with Hamish the thistle sandwhich eating haggis. Buy it.
on 5 August 2012
I am not sure I get the characters, flimsy plot at best, but a good way to get into the vibe for a visit to Edinburgh Festival.