Customer reviews

on 2 April 2010
I have ensured that many children with a mentally ill parent have access to this book - which explains that we all have parents who are a bit different, and some are more different than others - but they are still our parent, and we still love them.
The book has been of incalculable value to all those children that have been supported in Young Carers' Projects
on 10 November 2009
i suffer with severe depression which is classed as treatment resistant-i have 3 children 7 yrs, 4yrs and 2yrs. they are very aware of my illness and i find it hard to put into their words how i am feeling, why i am the way i am and struggle to help them deal with me. i was recommended this book by my CPN and it is fantastic! granted it is aimed at people with manic depression and bipolar but you can change the wording to suit you. i would highly recommend this book to anyone with any kind of depressive illness, it is a great family support.