on 1 September 2015
A fantastic book. I bought this on recommendation from my instructor when doing some training for moving from indoor climbing to doing my first outdoor climbs. It's helped me out time and time again as it covers so many different scenarios and enabled me to do a lot of preparation for training which in the end saves a lot of money! I still use it now as a reference or if I'm trying something new I'm not sure of.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2011
This book has lots of useful information for both climbers and instructors.

The book contains instructor tips throughout and other useful information.

I have recommended this book to other climbers.
5 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2017
Great book for knowledge and study
on 26 February 2013
the book is easy to navigate in, and has a lot of interesting and useful sections.

One of the things i liked the most was the fact that the book contained a lot of drawings and pictures on how to use different techniques, described in the text.
A must buy for those who are just starting on climbing and want to know the basics before approaching a club (not to look completely stupid ;) )
on 23 June 2013
Really easy to use book.

This book set the standard and has the most current practices.

If your new to the sport or your looking at furthering your knowledge this book has it all.

This is a must buy if your looking at progressing through any form of qualifications.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 December 2012
There's plenty to read here for the amateur. As a complete newbie it's a good book for me to reference, I find the more I learn the more I return to this book to read about what I've done in practice.
on 12 April 2013
Superb, an excellent fully comprehensive book with everything you need to know, well explaned, with very helpful set-by-set guides and illustrations. I had only climbed indoors so was reading this for info before i climbed outdoors, once i read the book the felt more than confident with all the aspects of climbing.
4 people found this helpful
on 30 April 2012
I've climb and mountaineered for about 7 years now as well as served 4 years in the Army and this book along with the ML book are perfect for almost any given situation. I believe it would serve as an essential book even for the most experienced outdoor enthusiast to refresh lost skills from time to time.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 June 2013
I bought this for additional literature when practicing for my Single Pitch Award. I found it extremely useful and the diagrams were useful when explaining some of the more technical situations. A useful book for instructors or people looking to partake in Climbing, Bouldering, Multi-Pitching etc. This book definitely aided me passing the SPA!
One person found this helpful
on 1 October 2015
Great content coverage and tips. A good read for beginner climbers and those moving from indoor to outdoor climbing