Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 April 2013
Superb, an excellent fully comprehensive book with everything you need to know, well explaned, with very helpful set-by-set guides and illustrations. I had only climbed indoors so was reading this for info before i climbed outdoors, once i read the book the felt more than confident with all the aspects of climbing.
on 30 April 2012
I've climb and mountaineered for about 7 years now as well as served 4 years in the Army and this book along with the ML book are perfect for almost any given situation. I believe it would serve as an essential book even for the most experienced outdoor enthusiast to refresh lost skills from time to time.
on 17 November 2011
This book has lots of useful information for both climbers and instructors.

The book contains instructor tips throughout and other useful information.

I have recommended this book to other climbers.
on 23 June 2013
Really easy to use book.

This book set the standard and has the most current practices.

If your new to the sport or your looking at furthering your knowledge this book has it all.

This is a must buy if your looking at progressing through any form of qualifications.
on 19 May 2013
this book offers us all a valuable reminder of the basics and in particular those on safety . I have been climbing for years but found some goods reminders in here and worth the read .
on 1 September 2015
A fantastic book. I bought this on recommendation from my instructor when doing some training for moving from indoor climbing to doing my first outdoor climbs. It's helped me out time and time again as it covers so many different scenarios and enabled me to do a lot of preparation for training which in the end saves a lot of money! I still use it now as a reference or if I'm trying something new I'm not sure of.
on 28 June 2013
I bought this for additional literature when practicing for my Single Pitch Award. I found it extremely useful and the diagrams were useful when explaining some of the more technical situations. A useful book for instructors or people looking to partake in Climbing, Bouldering, Multi-Pitching etc. This book definitely aided me passing the SPA!
on 15 June 2012
I'm pretty new to all this climbing world having only just started working in an outdoor activity and education centre September last year as an apprentice activity instructor.

Before this job role I have only climbed a handful of times at very most and I have not read this guide book through and through.

OK so what I have noticed so far is...

Good, clear text and images.
Good wealth of information
A section that explained climbers talk
easy to pick up and take bits of information that may help you - at many levels of expertise.

I would say I'm just glad I choose this as my very first climbing book buy, was nearly tempted to buy the climbing games book which I have read a little of but this caught my attention ;-)

It's well worth the money, trust!!
on 9 January 2012
If you are involved in climbing at any level then this really is an assential piece of kit. All the stuff you really need to know is in this book written in a clear and simple style with excellent pictures and illustrations. This updataed version has more than enough extra information to justify replacing your old and tattered earlier copy. If you don't have an earlier copy then buy this. You won't regret it.
This was also a great price on Amazon and delivered very quickly.
on 17 July 2014
brilliant book, only a few chapters in but it very much helped me develop climbing technique and my knowledge around trad and sport climbing, would recommend it to all levels of climbers beginners, seasons climbers and those wanted to learn more!