Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 March 2017
Still getting my head around it to be honest, takes a few reads to get used to the order of how to do things but persevering. only been using a couple of weeks so not enough time to see impact yet but hopeful
on 1 August 2016
I am an experienced teacher and I found the instructions and layout of the book very difficult to work out. Having said that, the actual method behind the system seems effective.
on 6 August 2016
Brilliant resource
on 21 June 2017
Very helpful for children to practice spellimg
on 23 January 2006
This is an excellent learning tool. It's methodical approach to the 300 Most Used Words is extremely helpful and the best thing is, since it's a workbook, lots of people can help out because you know where the student is in regards to exercises!
on 28 November 2010
One of our Local Authority's best Support for Learning teachers recommended this to me as "The best I know."

I would endorse this for young dyslexic pupils and for older ones who have escaped the net.
on 6 November 2016
My daughter is in Year 3 and struggling with spelling. I have bought books on spelling before and they haven't helped her but this one does seem to be working.
The authors state that if children are struggling with spelling they may be struggling to remember visual information. The techniques that the authors recommend in this book emphasise using movement and sound to remember spellings instead. There is also a lot of repetition. In addition, the author states that children can often remember spellings for tests but not remember them when they are writing passages. This is certainly the case for my daughter. The book therefore recommends some testing of children's spelling by writing sentences. Finally, this book is good in that it is based on the 300 most common words in English, so if you use follow its exercises your child will remember the words they will meet very often before less common words.
I think this is worth a purchase if your child is having spelling difficulties. As other reviewers have stated, the method recommended in the book is a little complicated (it took me an hour to read and get my head around!) but it's well worth doing as the method seems to be based on the authors' practical experience in the classroom and with her children at home.
on 22 March 2011
Iv ur chyld is rilly stragly wiv ther spilling, this is a grate book! Along with "Toe By Toe" (same authors), I have seen my child's reading and writing turned around ! Jumped several "levels" very quickly. It takes patience on your part and persistence - but just 10 mins a day - and you will see wonders.... now reading for pleasure ! Like a key that opens the door.
on 16 March 2017
The product was in excellent condition
on 6 November 2015
I didn't find anything new in this book except as a reference for most used words.
The lesson plans are complicated but actually seem quite similar to LSCWC format.
The book wasn't as original as I was expecting so I was a little disappointed.