on 26 September 2017
it is what it is. cant complain
on 31 August 2013
This guide provides absolutely everything you need to get an A* in A2. I only revised Unit 4 with this having bought it back in March and I received 120/120 in the exam. The Unit 3 section is considerably smaller than the last one, and you may find the sheer content in the Unit 4 section overwhelming, but if you put the time in to read it all then it will definitely pay off.

The guide keeps all topics quite 'brief', providing all the key essentials that will make your answers stand out whilst allowing an ease to read i.e. a big chunk of text can be potentially demotivating to some. The book's layout is very nice on the eye and I would never dread revision with it as I might have with a black and white textbook.

Of course, this guide won't give you a high grade by default. My revision technique was to create flashcards with key points/names for each topic and then to have a critique on the back of the card - all colour-coded in correspondence to the nature of the term e.g. analysis points or application points.

Downsides include a lack of exam technique help, but that can be figured out with the essay examples and using examiner reports on the AQA website. This is overall a fantastic, well thought out and brilliantly designed reader friendly revision guide, guiding you to exam success. My A* is dedicated to this book!
on 20 February 2016
My daughter has used many of this make of book and they have done her proud, She tells me they are very helpful for exam work and they were worth every penny, Would recommend them, and they can be resold with ease, and yes she passed with top marks thanks to the help of the information contained in the book.
on 20 October 2014
Love the books context, very helpful for the subject so main purpose check, however I ordered second hand so knew it wouldn't be in perfect condition, but I spent £9 on this only for it to arrive battered and with a sticker on the back from a charity shop for a pound! Feeling ripped off.
on 5 September 2013
i'd seen good reviews of this and as I am studying sociology at university i really wanted to do everything i could to do well in the subject. I bought this book and it was the best decision i've made, my lessons were very messy and unclear but this book condenses everything down and teaches exactly what you need to know (it is written by the examiners after all!). I blame this book for my A grades in A2 sociology and I highly recommend it. The AS version is also brilliant and gave me A grades too!
on 25 February 2015
I would really recommend this for students as one myself it comes in so handy when writing essays. Only reason it isn't 5 stars as on a couple of pages the ink was smudged (only on a sentence or two but for the price didn't really expect that).
on 26 March 2012
Loved this revision guide! Makes it really easy especially with more difficult and longer topics. Used this to revise the crime and deviance unit and got an A in it so definately would recommend!
on 17 May 2012
Happy with my purchase...The revision guide is straight to the point and very clear with analysis,application and evaluation points that you may use. Its not like the other book you use in class as the other one i feel waffles abit too much.
on 2 February 2012
The revison guide was recommended by my daughters school, it has prooved excellent for revision and I can say it has helped my daughter greatly preparing for her exam.
on 2 November 2011
Great for details of all the topics and ideas on how to answer the questions. Of more use to teachers than students, unless the student has no notes!