on 31 August 2013
This guide provides absolutely everything you need to get an A* in A2. I only revised Unit 4 with this having bought it back in March and I received 120/120 in the exam. The Unit 3 section is considerably smaller than the last one, and you may find the sheer content in the Unit 4 section overwhelming, but if you put the time in to read it all then it will definitely pay off.

The guide keeps all topics quite 'brief', providing all the key essentials that will make your answers stand out whilst allowing an ease to read i.e. a big chunk of text can be potentially demotivating to some. The book's layout is very nice on the eye and I would never dread revision with it as I might have with a black and white textbook.

Of course, this guide won't give you a high grade by default. My revision technique was to create flashcards with key points/names for each topic and then to have a critique on the back of the card - all colour-coded in correspondence to the nature of the term e.g. analysis points or application points.

Downsides include a lack of exam technique help, but that can be figured out with the essay examples and using examiner reports on the AQA website. This is overall a fantastic, well thought out and brilliantly designed reader friendly revision guide, guiding you to exam success. My A* is dedicated to this book!
12 people found this helpful
on 5 September 2013
i'd seen good reviews of this and as I am studying sociology at university i really wanted to do everything i could to do well in the subject. I bought this book and it was the best decision i've made, my lessons were very messy and unclear but this book condenses everything down and teaches exactly what you need to know (it is written by the examiners after all!). I blame this book for my A grades in A2 sociology and I highly recommend it. The AS version is also brilliant and gave me A grades too!
6 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2016
Well my daughter didn't succeed all that well but that may not be because of the book.
on 26 September 2017
it is what it is. cant complain
on 29 January 2017
Didn't realise this was for last years specification but good price and still helpful
on 17 May 2012
Happy with my purchase...The revision guide is straight to the point and very clear with analysis,application and evaluation points that you may use. Its not like the other book you use in class as the other one i feel waffles abit too much.
6 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2016
Only covers the topic in unit 3-Beliefs in society, unfortunately this is not the section I am doing so have had to return. Wish it was more clearly stated as looks like a good book but now I have to wait for another to arrive.
on 5 April 2015
Although I did not necessarily use the entire book (due to differences in my course), it came in extremely handy at times, especially in the crime and deviance section. Without it, I would be struggling since the resources from my college are confusing, limited and not helpful at times. This book is definitely a life saver and is worth the money!
on 6 August 2014
such a useful textbook that explained everything in a way that was simple to understand! it did not miss out any vital information which i was very pleased about as some books cut out so much information that you are missing some crucial content! i wish i found it earlier in my course rather than a week before my exam!
on 17 January 2017