Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 December 2014
Can't thank the author enough for this superb book, my daughter has been struggling through primary school with maths, within 6 weeks of this book she has done more than in the pat 4 years! Thank you
on 26 March 2017
seems to be working well so far
clear and easy to understand
on 23 March 2017
Excellent
on 6 August 2016
Brilliant
on 18 March 2015
Great, fun and motivating. Daughter is eager to do it sat with Dad four times a week.
on 31 March 2015
Clear, systematic approach for people who have difficulty with numeracy. For those with severe difficulty, it provides a starting point and highlights the areas that can be worked on as a basis from which to try to move forward.
on 15 May 2016
Bought for my 9 yr old to help with short term memory. We were rec this by an educational psychologist .
on 30 August 2014
This has been great for my 9 year old twins. We only do 10 mins at a time but it has massively improved their mental maths. They quite like doing it because they get some individual attention, which they are usually fighting for! I'd really recommend this for kids that just need to gain confidence with basic numeracy. It's structured in a clever way to that the techniques are repeated and repeated until they become second nature, but all mixed up so the child doesn't get bored. We are only about 1/2 way through the course but it's working for us :-)
on 15 July 2014
I am a Year 5 teacher working with a lower ability Maths group. This programme has been used as an intervention for the past two years to help our pupils fill in the gaps in their Maths learning. My teaching assistant works with each child individually each day for 10 minutes and the results have been remarkable! Children enjoy numbers more, are confident when answering questions and have quicker recall of number facts. Highly recommended.
on 27 June 2012
I m very pleased with this book - it has boosted my son's confidence a lot and number facts seem to be really settling into his brain. Number facts and mental maths have been very difficult for him as his short-term memory is not good and this is the first time I have found something that works. We keep the sessions short each day. I have a kitchen timer set for 15 minutes and he knows that if he concentrates hard we finish early at around 10-11 minutes which seems to motivate him.

We also have their other book Perform with Time but that was a big disappointment. The method didn't work so well in the time book as it seemed to assume you already knew how to tell time and just needed lots of practice.

This mental maths programme on the other hand gives tips and techniques as well as practice.