Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2002
I very much enjoyed this collection of stories. Although the stories had the same theme I found each one very individual.
Im not sure if the reader that gave it one star can have read the same book as myself and others who have reviewed it!
I did like the idea of the state caning machine in particular.
I thoroughly recommend it for all enthusiasts. I have enjoyed many of Sarah Veitch's books and this one retains the high standard I have come to expect.
on 8 May 2001
A superb collection of stories all involving CP. Mostly dominated women, there are a couple of unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on your views!) men in there as well. My particular favourite has to be 'The Hired Hand'. A suitably tell-tale title, that makes you want to read more. This book makes for extremely interesting bedtime reading...
on 8 October 2001
There's a huge range of people and settings as these stories whack their way round the country. Everything from a CP film set to a waterbed shop to an older woman sorting out a female employee in "Sitting Uncomfortably". As ever this author's understanding of human taming and "corrective measures" is far superior to what I find in most books of this type.
My only dismay is the couple of femdom stories like "Work Experience" where a poor guy is on the receiving end for poking about in his female boss's office. This does very little for me, and there's similar pollution in almost every BDSM collection I've ever read.
My firm favourite of the collection has to be the gem "Bottom Of The Class" - a series of letters between a female student and her teacher where the upper hand gradually flows from one to the other. It's clever, witty, horny and all in about 10 pages. For a longer read I also really loved "Re-educating Ruth" - incredibly exciting for all 50 of its pages.
"Corrective Measures" is absolutely my favourite book so far this year.
on 28 July 2001
I was given this book as a gift - a fact for which I am grateful as if I'd actually paid money for it I'd have wanted it back! It's fortunate perhaps that none of the stories were set in a forest, as Ms. Veitch's characters are so incredibly wooden it would have been difficult to tell the difference between the people and the trees.
Although the charactors spend a lot of time telling us what they are thinking and feeling, the writing was so stilted that not once could I actually believe a word of it and whereas there is potential in a lot of the situations described I didn't feel any of them worked because none of the charactors were well enough developed to be even remotely believable and the storytelling (or what was apparently intended to pass for storytelling) was so bland. I could also really have done without the endless euphemisms for body parts, which at times veered into the totally farcical, and which were exceptionally jarring given their repetitiveness and, quite often, their utter silliness.
All in all, I'm sorry to say (as I really was expecting and hoping to enjoy this book) a total disappointment.
on 5 November 2010
Sarah Veitch has written a number of books, published by what seems to be her own company, all specialising in corporal chastisement. This example is a collection of 21 short (varying length) stories, some of which have appeared elsewhere. Short stories in a limited genre such as CP are usually challenging in terms of generating originality and novel scenarios. This collection succeeds quite well, including a few scenarios which avoid the expected situation in which the chastiser and the chastised are in a heterosexual relationship, and the mix includes some FF situations, and a good sprinkling of stories in which the chastisement is performed within a semi-official, institutional establishment. A good collection for aficionados for whom the short story medium is a favourite
on 3 August 2014
an enjoyable read for both of us :)
on 14 November 2007
Just be aware that this book contains short stories. The book on th whole is good and as previously said in another review, although they are all along the same lines they are equally enthralling. If you like short stories (the end always happens to fast for me) then this is definitely the book for you.