Customer reviews

How to Stop and Influence Planning Permission
Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 May 2001
A no nonsense guide for Parish Councillors, District Councillors or anyone else who needs to influence a planning decision.
The authors describe how the planning system works. Their list of 10 tips for writing letters objecting to a planning application and the eight things you must not do, are worth the price of the book.
With the balance of power in the hands of developers this book will show how it is possible to redress the situation for the average person. It details who and when to contact and how to get involved in hearings and appeals.
The book has a complete section on specially designated areas such as Green Belts, National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSI), Conservation areas and many more. It explains what each one is so that objections to a planning application can use the correct terms and phrases.
Planning affects local people and this book will empower local people to make a positive
contribution to the planning processes and stop some developers from carrying out inappropriate development.
on 31 August 2015
Great book if you need to know anything about planning. In fact I was so impressed I employed the services of Mr Mike Dade (the co-author) as we had an issue with a planning application for 49 houses and 8 offices adjacent to our home. He was fantastic and explained everything in layman's terms. I have to say that Mr. Dade is a gentleman and a true professional indeed and took his time to make sure that we understood the situation completely. All in all a great book to have even just so you know where you stand when a planning issue crops up. 10/10
on 24 August 2002
You have just found out about the 'development' in your green and pleasant land - so what happens next ?
This book takes you step-by-step through the planning process, who you need to contact and how to put together a formal planning objection.
Clear, concise, and informative I now feel able to make my voice heard.
What do you mean there are no plans for anything near you ?
That's exactly why I can recommend this book.
on 12 March 2010
By the time I received this title (not that it was slow in being sent - I just hadn't spotted it earlier) we were already well into the process of building up opposition to an industrial development near our rural home. For that reason it didn't tell us much that was new - but for anyone at the earliest stage of such a process it would be very helpful. It takes a practical step-by-step approach and a sensibly balanced view of the likelihood of success.