on 9 August 2014
My Grandmother was Greek Cypriot and my Grandfather was Welsh. They met when my Grandfather was based in Cyprus whilst he was in the army. They came to Wales when my mother was 4 years old.

I loved the sweet treats Granny made for us. Sadly my Grandmother passed away when I was 15 yrs old and unfortunately I never knew what the treats she baked were called or how to make them. My mother hadn't shown an interest and so didn't know either. I'm now 43 yrs old and finally decided to do something about it. I started googling and found online the treats my Granny made. I'm certain of one which was Kourabiedes although the one my Grandmother made is slightly different to the ones in this fabulous book. The other one I remember her making, I think is similar to Tsoureki but I don't think I've found the exact recipe that she used.

After googling those particular recipes it ignited my interest in Greek Cypriot cooking and so decided to look on Amazon for a recipe book specialising in Greek Cypriot cooking. I came across this wonderful book and was impressed by the reviews left by others.

My book arrived today and I love it. I've already made my first recipe, although I started simply with Kotopoulo Pilaf but I'm confident I will attempt many of the recipes in the book. As mentioned by other reviewers, it was particularly touching to receive a personal note from the author, which I have taped to the inside front cover so that I always have it with the book.

I highly recommend this book and think it is a wonderful addition to anyone's kitchen if you have an interest in food, Greek Cypriot or otherwise.
on 11 December 2014
i was recommended to try this book by an old friend of mine, who is of Asian descent but used to eat Cypriot food cooked by my mum when we were kids. He knew i'd always longed for a recipe book that would help me re-create the dishes i'd grown up with such as Macaronia Tou Fournou, Koubebya, Bizeli etc. Well i trusted his judgement, and boy i'm so glad i did!
This recipe book is the essential buy for any 2nd generation Greek Cypriot born over here to Cypriot parents, who may not have paid attention to the way their mums cooked their old favourite foods. I've so far tried the recipes for MDF, Koubebya, Bizeli, Afko Lemono, and a couple of others, and they've all turned out absolutely spot on in terms of flavour and appearance.
I was a little bit concerned by the amount of oil used in some of them, but once cooked realised this amount to be essential to the authenticity of the dish.
A great book, which is an absolute must for your kitchen.
Bravo ladies!
on 22 May 2014
This book has brought back many memories of dishes my mother used to cook. Its not easy finding good cypriot cook books but this is just what I was looking for. It has many of the dishes I grew up with and many of which I have yet to try. Cypriot food I find very comforting and always reminds me of being back in Cyprus. Its easy, simple food and also much underrated in my biased opinion. If your new to cypriot food or wanting to try it for the first time, this book is for you. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
on 24 March 2017
Brilliant book, being from Greek Cypriot heritage myself, I use this to remind me of some recipes. Highly recommended.
on 15 January 2014
I had had a traditional Cypriot cook book fro many years with not pictures. I found this book online and have not looked back. I had forgotten about many of the recipes. Cooked up a feast over Christmas and loved it
on 6 April 2017
This book is amazing bring back so many childhood memories l can't wait for the weekend to start cooking.
on 6 April 2017
Very good greek authentic cooking book. Would highly recommend it.
on 7 October 2013
I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ETERNITY FOR A TRADITIONAL COOKERY BOOK WITH THE RECIPES MY GRANDMOTHER AND MOTHER COOKED. THIS IS A FANTASTIC BOOK, WITH EASY TO FOLLOW RECIPES. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
on 19 March 2017
Excellent book. Recipes I grew up with
on 4 May 2014
Fabulous book! It's just what I was looking for.
Nice to receive a note from the author, it made
It feel all the more personal.