Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more

on 15 September 2008
I was bought this as a joke last year for Xmas, but with the wet weather this year,and another bumper crop, it has been a godsend and a fantastic source of interesting and very varied recipes. I'm not a great cook, but even I can follow the clear instructions and we have tried lots this year - and we're both still alive! Definitely a great gift for anyone who likes to cook or is an enthusiastic amateur and grows their own veg (or lives near someone who does!). I'm telling my allotment buddies about this one for sure.
on 28 July 2017
Invaluable book for all keen gardeners, out of print now and I had to find a secondhand copy. You need never fear a glut of courgettes again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 July 2017
Useful book, helped deal with a glut of courgettes.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 April 2003
I bought this for a friend of mine and she loved it. She's always been a fan of courgettes, but before the only way she could make them more exciting was by adding paprika. Now, she can do something new every day and they're all delicious. The variety is great as well. There is something for everyone and every occasion. There's really quick and easy stuff and stuff for dinner parties. A must for everyone's kitchen, it even outdoes Delia.
0Comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 November 2009
Each year the number of courgettes plants I plant is reduced, but the number of courgettes I end up with increases! I must have gathered, and worked my way, through many courgette recipes in an effort to use these vegetables.
This book gives a good overview of all types of courgette based recipes. There is the usual range of quality from - yes, that is just cooking, not a real recipe, to YES!, this produces something interesting and flavoursome. Some of the soup recipes are variations on a theme, but then surprise with the change or addition of one ingredient. A perfect example of this is the Courgette Bisque.
If, like me, you are constantly looking for ways of doing something interesting with the glut of courgettes from your garden, then this is the book that will give you ideas.
This book arrived as a present from a friend, and I have now bought and sent on more copies to other friends. It would make an ideal Christmas/birthday present, and/or a good addition to your bookcase.
on 22 September 2008
great book, full of interesting and delicious recepies. i especially like the marrow and ginger jam recepie at the back, just the thing for when you forget to check the courgette patch for while and end up with a basket of green collosii. every gardener should have a copy
on 14 October 2009
Wish I'd found this book earlier as my plants went potty this year. The recipes are really good, the courgette tian has become a great favourite and even has the children eating courgettes. Just wish there were similar books for runner beans and tomatoes!
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 August 2010
Swamped with a glut of courgettes this book is truely inspirational with a huge selection of both savoury and surprising sweet dishes. So no need to almost force your produce onto ungrateful others. A real must for all vegetable growers.
on 28 January 2010
GREAT BOOK FOR ANYONE WHO HAS GROWN COURGETTES AND THEN WONDERED WHAT TO DO WITH THEM. SOME REALLY TASTY SOUNDING RECIPIES WHICH I CANT WAIT TO TRY OUT.
on 19 June 2009
great book. My plants just starting to bear fruit and I cant wait to try some of these recipes.