on 10 September 2014
Ordered this book after seeing an earlier edition belonging to a friend at a craft club that we both attend. Jennie Rayment certainly has some interesting and unusual ideas. She gives her instructions in a very clear and easy to understand way. I haven't made anything from it yet (as I need to finish other projects) but am looking forward to embarking on a cushion or two with interesting fold and pleat patterns.
on 9 September 2013
This is one of the most interesting books I have come across for a long time. St fascinating how Jenny Rayment has used tucks and fabric. I have found the book most interesting and can't wait to get started on a project. I highly recommend this book to anyone who s looking for something a little different to make. All Jenny's designs would make wonderful gifts.
on 1 July 2014
I didn't realise it was an older edition but I am still very pleased with the book. Jennie gives clear instructions and the effects look stunning but are not as difficult as it looks. I am looking forward to working my way through the book to the rather more complicated ideas - and am gaining the confidence to 'play around' with different effects.
on 28 October 2013
Saw Jennie Rayment demonstrating one of the pieces from this book, and she was such a joy to watch that I was tempted to buy it! The instructions are just as she speaks them, and are easy to follow, with helpful diagrams & tips for getting good results. The techniques are easy to transfer to items other than cushions.
on 16 January 2017
Good for learning but after seeing the inside i would only pay ten pound for it
on 7 May 2013
This book has some beautiful designs which look very easy: they aren't! they do require some skill, but the instructions are good and you just need to practise! Good diagrams and very inspiring. It arrived very quickly, sooner than I expected.
on 6 November 2016
The author is a genius quilter/sewist and her book is well explained, engaging with excellent pictures and guidance.
on 14 August 2013
I love this book, it makes my fingers itch to get going. Although the instructions for the techniques are great, I would have liked more information on how to construct the projects that are featured.
on 18 July 2014
Fantastic book. I have all the makings, now to get started. This is well laid out with simple instructions, so easy to follow. Another book by the same author is on my wish list.
on 12 June 2014
I always love Jennie's books and have them all even her DVD's.Something different from the usual sewing she makes things looks so easy and they are.