Customer reviews

on 26 October 2011
This book is amazing!!! The author did his research very well and elaborated on everything and made it convincing and simple for everyone to understand. I really love it!!!! Since I was born I heard the history of our people and I was told that we migrated from the present day Israel but had no proof to that. We only read about the our ancestors (Eves) migrating from the present day Nigeria, but where they migrated to settle in Yoruba (Nigeria) before finally migrating to their present day our always my worry. Mawuli (Author) is really a god-sent because it is not easy to go through the length and breadth of the world doing research of that sort considering the lies and what has been hidden by some people only to proclaim their dominance in the world. With God everything is possible and nothing can be hidden on this earth, the truth can only be prolonged but it shall be told one day.

There is no doubt that when the Roman empire conquered the remaining israelites in 70 AD, they do not know of the existence of the ancient Israelites that escaped to Egypt before migrating down the Sahara to their present day settlements. Even afterwards they might have realized the truth but they thought it was too late to be told to the world. To me this book is really convincing. However there are more cultural similarity between the ancient israelites and the Eveo. Apart from the Fiashidi he mentioned in the book to be similar to what was practiced by the ancient Israelites, customs such the Levirate marriage has not been included. This was also practiced by the ancient Israelites and it is still been practiced in Ghana and Togo as of now. My aunty from Ghana) is currently living with the elder brother of her deceased husband from Togo). Both of them are Eves in though they are in different countries. It was surprising when I check Levirate marriage in Wikipedia and they only made reference that it exist today in United Kingdom. Mention was not even made that it exist in Ghana or Togo. There you have it how history is easily twisted in favour of it writers.

Please if you want to understand deeply where you come from, you must read this book. It is unfortunate we those in Africa do not seem to look for where we come from. Most people are not interested in history and think their ancestors were where they are now since the creation of the world. That is completely a fallacy so we must try and read and understand the world more!!!! Encourage your children to read this book!

For those who do not believe in the Cucou plot as mentioned in this book, you can make reference to the most recent Coucou plot in the late 1400. Even though the native americans, and the Portuguese King Don Juan and others and scientific evidence testified to the fact that the Black Africans started trading with the natives of America before the arrival of Christopher Columbus (Reference: They Came Before Columbus). They still go ahead to say Columbus was the first person to set foot on America AND portrayed history as if the African has never contributed nothing to history.

If we really are the descendants of the ancient Israelites, and God wants his promises to be fulfilled, we surely will get to that day where Africa will be without hunger, diseases and will be like paradise. I believe that Africa will overcome it problems (Hunger, Diseases, Wars, etc) one day especially if we all come together to use our resources judiciously and know how to exploit them ourselves. The hope is not yet lost AFRICAAAAA. We can still rule the WORLD as God promised us!!! God bless you all!!!
on 4 November 2014
Purchased due to positive reviews. Book well laid out, thus easy on the eye. As author states, very direct from the get go. Is opening my mind as to some current events going on now. Looking forward to completing this book and where I will be and what I will do at the end. It is scripture loaded, which may be off putting for some, but worth sticking with it to get context.
on 27 January 2013
This book is well written and well researched. I was amazed at some of the information, it has totally changed my mindset, for the best. It has helped me to know that my history does not stop at slavery. The writer is very engaging, his writing style is clear and concise and well documented. I am eagerly looking forward to more volumes he intends to bring out in the near future. In the bible where most of his work is based it says, the truth will set you free, and that's what this book helps to do. It also says in the bible my people perish for lack of knowledge!!! Please try and read this book.
on 6 December 2017
I am sure that this book will compliment my learning, studies, searching for truth about my people
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 July 2012
I am a caribbean man and I knew that my forefathers were slaves.I have read about the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade in elementary school,but I never thought of the horrors they endured.I have always thought that being black makes you inferior to other races,this I accepted without question.The possibility that we are Hebrew and that we have a glorious
history still amazes me.

The book was written without any hint of rancour or racism but with a passion that makes it difficult to put down.

After reading this book I ordered "The Thirteenth Tribe"and From Babylon to Timbukto.
This is a must read for all people of African lineage.
on 17 January 2014
A refreshing, interesting, enlightening and informative book. A must read for those of the African diaspora who really wondered who they really are. I would have given this a 5-star if only the Writer had double checked his grammar.
on 15 December 2014
My copy of this book just arrived today and so far it's looking good, but will be back to update my review at a later date.
on 8 January 2013
good company. book is an ok read
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 December 2011
First impression on getting my hands on this book was; aesthetically this is a beautifully presented book, bright, attractive and inviting. It comes with a beautiful designed dust cover as standard. Take the dust cover off and you have a Hardback black cover with gold lettering.

It does not end there, the inside layout and lettering is very well put together making it very easy on the eyes to read. Instead of the common (you see in most books) page design dense with long expository paragraphs and little space between lines, much use is made of white space between paragraphs in this book. Thereby, increasing the legibility for comfortable and refreshing reading.

The information is very straightforward. I mean the author's style is clear, simple without any fuss. No need for a dictionary to look up a word from beginning to end, thereby making the book an easy read for everyone.

The author put in a great deal of research into the book and it shows. Whereas most books on black history are based on speculative theories, there is not a single dose of speculation anywhere in the book. Information is verifiable and some of this verification is done with the reader's participation. For example the author tells the reader the proper name of the ancient Israelites is Erverh and the Hebrew symbols that make up the name Erverh is written with the letters IVRI in English. The author then asks the reader to pause and carry out an Internet search to confirm that this is indeed the case. Thus, the reader is drawn into the Research to prove to themselves the veracity of what he or she is reading; Excellent!

My parents are from Jamaica in the Caribbean and I was born and brought up in the UK. Growing up and throughout my schooling here in England, I never learnt much about black history and the Slave Trade that removed my ancestors from Africa and put them in the Caribbean. Thanks to this book, that entire vacuum in my history as a black person has now been addressed comprehensively. This book taught me everything I needed to know about my origins. I can confidently say: I know who I am as a black person. I have a proven identity.

If you want to understand your origins as black person, I highly recommend this book. When it comes to telling the story or history of our ancestry, I am of the opinion, there is no other book out there that comes even close to the revelations in this book. The information in it is simply extraordinary. And the best part is; they are factual. This book shows and most important of all; it proves our identity as the Hebrews of the Bible.

I really enjoyed reading this book. This has to be one of the best black history books around at the moment. It is a, 'must read' for every black person. On top of that every black person should have a copy in his or her library.
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 May 2013
No beating about the bush. This is the best history book I have ever read. A subject like this throws up a number of questions, but I can say all of mine (and I had many) were answered comprehensively, leaving no shadow of doubt that what the author speaks of is the truth.

The writer is, without a doubt, deeply knowledgeable on the subject. This is one of the few books, other than a holy book, that can change your life.

All Africans, and those of African descent MUST read this book.
I also recommend it for the wider church, as it presents a refreshingly clear understanding of many famous old and new testament prophecies.

I trust you will find reading this book as enjoyable as I have.