on 26 February 2011
this book is the greatest! i remember spending 364 days of the year deciding which birthday cake i wanted. It was always the biggest decision of the year in my childhood!

as an adult its brilliant to walk down memory lane, and I cant wait to start baking. but i wouldn't recommend this book if you are looking at it for the first time as an adult.
on 20 February 2014
Found it at last! Had this book and lent it out - never to be seen again. Until now. I used this book for so many birthday cakes. Paging through it brought back so many memories. An absolutely stunning book. Condition is excellent. It is now the turn for the grandchildren to get these stunning cakes.
This is a vintage book but there is nothing else available like it. Modern birthday cakes for kids are often filled by cakes made up of individual cupcakes. Nothing beats the creativity and simplicity of the ideas in this book. I had a copy thirty years ago but have lost it. I bought this so that I could make cakes for grandchildren.
on 28 February 2015
Me and my brother chose our birthday cake designs from this book every year when we were younger, and our lovely mother would make them.
Such a lovely book, with great ideas, however maybe a little dated now, but nothing a little imagination couldn't fix.
I love it!
on 1 November 2013
This vintage edition arrived very quick and though not new-condition it was like never opened! I strongly recommend this edition. I could call it educative. The price was more symbolic than anything else.Big thanks to my seller!!
on 18 August 2016
Every recipe expects you to use packet cake mixes so no quantities if you want to bake your own. This was not noted on the description so I was very disappointed with the book. I could return it but as I would only get 1p back (cost of the book) it is not worth it.
on 2 July 2013
I bought this book years ago when my children were young, I lent it to one of my friends and never had it back. was pleased when I found it on Amazon.Cakes are easy to make and children loved them.
on 22 December 2013
This book shows in detail how to make interesting cakes by and for kids. Our 3 kids entered and won many school cake compititions. They also enjoyed the fun of making theme cakes from when they were young. We enjoyed using the ideas in the book to make cakes for their earlier parties. These books were bought by my daughter ( now age 20) as gifts for her friends as she had so much fun using this book when she was younger
on 18 September 2015
A few pages had their corners turned over by the previous owner it otherwise excellent condition. Had this book as a child brought over from Oz by family and love the cake ideas as much now as u did then!
on 9 March 2011
cooked the lamington cake in the form of 21 for a colleagues birthday. Went off really well and everyone loved the lamingtons.Children's Birthday Cake Book ("Australian Women's Weekly" Home Library)