Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 23 March 2013
A short book giving simple explanations of how to record data, analyse what it tells us. A must for engineers, polititians, journalists, scientists and perhaps even more so for statistitians.
Gives clear simple guidance on what data to record, how to record and analyse it with some excellent examples for businesses and technical staff.
on 11 July 2014
Excellent book that should be read by anyone who uses metrics to monitor processes. Being able to differentiate between signal and noise is a critical skill, and this very readable manual explains how to do just that. Read it, apply it, and see the difference it makes to your business.
on 29 May 2007
This is a little gem of a book. The theory of variation is probably the single most important concept to understand when moving to a lean environment. Very well written, simple and practical. Great introduction to the world of statistical process control.. without all the math.
on 18 January 2017
This is an excellent book. As a Six Sigma BB and trainer I often refer to this book and recommend it to my team.
on 25 September 2009
Easy to understand for a beginner to Process Control like me. Lots of good examples, although these were Managerial biased. Perhaps my Manager should read it! Don is no relation to me. This used product was in mint condition apart from two formulars highlighted in green, saved me a packet.
Keith Wheeler Rolls-Royce PLC
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2011
Many management reports compare the current period with this time last year, or with a budget or target figure. Such single-point comparisons, however, ignore the fact of natural variation in all processes and, therefore, can tell us very little.

The answer is to present data as a time series with control limits that define the natural (expected) variation in the current process. These are called Process Behaviour Charts and are the subject of this book.

Donald Wheeler has written many texts and articles on business data, including the standard texts on statistical process control. "Understanding Variation", however, is an easy to read and accessible guide to process behaviour charts for managers. The book is full of worked examples and is a very straightforward, yet enlightening, read.

"Understanding Variation" explores the topic more fully than Brian Joiner's "Fourth Generation Management". Both are recommended, but if you work with business data then I highly recommend this book. Accountants too should read this when considering the form they present management data in.
on 18 July 2013
A very clear introduction to the subject, suitable for the complete novice in Statistics, without dumbing down any of the conepts.
on 12 June 2014
Has to be the best book on management statistics I have ever read. This little book should be in the briefcase of every manager
on 31 October 2014
I had a copy of this book at my previous employment. When I left I couldn't stand being without it so I bought my own copy. It's clearly-written and very concise, and the points are plainly explained.

Although it's basic, I find myself dipping into it frequently, just to re-check something or other.
on 23 August 2011
This book is a really excellent read for helping to understand why time series and control charts are important and applicable in many situations.