on 6 January 2016
This is really an excellent book, if I could give this book ten star's I would. The reason why I am giving this beautiful book five stars is because it is that good, I would recommend this book to everybody.
on 1 June 2017
good andfast
on 23 August 2017
Genius Book
on 29 September 2017
simple exercises must be done on a regular basis.
on 20 January 2016
Great information. Some exercise difficult to follow, but worth the effort.
on 7 February 2015
This is one of the best value purchases you can make if you are interested in qigong. There is so a wealth of information packed into this book in a clear and concise manner. The self-massage section is particularly strong, as are the daily exercises. I come back to this book frequently and am so grateful to Stephen T Change. Thank you very much!
on 11 June 2004
When I first got this book I was suffering chronic fatigue; I looked at the book, the simple line drawings and read the exercises; I decided it was all too simple and wouldn't work. How wrong I was! I wish I'd at least tried the eye exercises then (also known as the Bates method!) These relieve tiredness within minutes, and I love them - my eyesight is already improving, after only a week! The exercises in this book are ideal for anyone, in any state of health; they strengthen you from the inside out! There are simple line diagrams with each exercise to show you what to do, as well as instructions which give just enough information to understand why you should to it at all. Consisting of breathing, imagining, slow movements and some acupressure massage, each exercise balances one of the energy meridians in the body, and does far more than you'd think to release tension and increase strength and stamina. There's an exercise for any complaint you may have, including weight reduction - there are even exercises to do when you're still in bed! There are charts of the major energy pathways at the back of the book for more advanced study, too. This book can teach you all you need to know to stay well for a life-time!
Some exercises involve your mind as much as your body. If you take one or two exercises that appeal to you and stick with them for a couple of weeks, you'll soon find yourself feeling better and better. My aim is to learn to do them all and be able to dispense with the book, but for now I refer to it every day and think it's a treasure everyone should own! Don't be put off by the price, it's worth every penny.
22 Comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2014
after suffering months unable to lift my arm or put it behind my back i finally got round to trying an excercise in this book...an immediate cure believe it or not...i can only guess it freed a nerve...i now do dr.chang's daily maintenance excercises all based on common sense and daoist thought...i'd be a fool not to...the proof is in the pudding.
on 6 November 2012
I am very happy with the book, I feel much better since I have started doing the exercises. I would recommend them to everyone.
on 5 May 2011
All i'm gonna say is this - if you want a DIY kit to fix your ill / old / weak body and regenerate it for health and longevity then buy this book. Otherwise keep on wasting your money, time and willpower. I'm saying this after 22 years of research into health ( I did my degree in Chemical Engineering and have ran chemical plants which work on simmilar principles to the human body ) . I also have the weakest will power in the world. If you still are in 2 minds after my review then don't buy the book