on 16 April 2000
This book is the best i have ever read, it will show you how you can reach your maximum flexiblity, and it works with all sports. I could do the front splits within 4 weeks of buying this. I am now working on the side splits which i am not far off of.
on 26 April 2017
Excellent book
on 4 September 2009
I had the first revision of this book back in, I guess, the late 80s and it was incredible. I was young, but managed to go from about 18 inches above the splits in to a full front split with either leg over a 2-3 week period.

Fast-forward 20 years and after a layoff from Taekwondo flexibility fell by the wayside. I got this book a few weeks ago and my flexibility has gone back from kicking just about head height to almost vertical when doing axe-kicks. The gains you can make by following Tom Kurz's methods are incredible.

This book is fairly similar on content regarding stretching methods compared to the earlier editions, but this one backs it up with a lot more scientific references and background information (useful when you're trying to convince other people to change).

I'd highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to improve their flexibility.
on 11 March 2010
The Thomas Kurz book on strtching is a very good book.
It is well written and it explain various aspects of the stretching.
Static, dinamyc,Isometric are very well explained. A must reading for martial artist

Gianfranco
on 5 July 2016
Clear and concise, good instructions, well researched and quite academic. Very useful for those serious about stretching and the pros and cons of the different stretch types...
on 27 July 2014
This is the updated version of the last book I had bit more info in it but its still very vague as to which stretches to do and what strength execises
on 28 October 2009
I'm sure the information I need is contained within this book and it was recomended to me by my doctor (a sports specialist) but its just so badly written I found it impossible to gain the information I required. The author has a patronising tone and a waffling style that made me want to find him and kick him in the shins (I can't kick higher than that as I still know nothing about stretching). Having owned this book for a couple of months I have tried to read it on several occasions and given up - if you have a normal attention span don't bother.
on 21 January 2013
Excellent , informative book. This was given to me, best present I've had and the exercises are fantastic. Certainly recommended.
on 30 March 2010
Go's into a lot of detail to address the way in which our bodies can adapt through stretch training.
It will help your gains!
on 1 December 2009
Good book, very detailed, illustrations could be a bit better, just heavy going. Overall good technical book