VINE VOICEon 1 May 2014
I particularly like how the Persian words are written with all the vowels, but only in the Persian-English section. This is a great help in correct pronunciation so I don't understand why this is not done in the English-Persian section, where the emphasis is on how to pronounce English words. There is no International Phonetic Alphabet transliteration, so you need to know the Persian alphabet to use this dictionary. The book is well bound, not too heavy and generally of good quality. The content is comprehensive. My main gripe is that the quality of Persian printing is not good, the letters are sharp enough but too small, often requiring a magnifying glass to read.
on 18 July 2014
Since I'm getting on a bit - it's a pity I have to use a magnifying glass to be able to read the Persian text correctly
on 5 February 2015
My children are learning to write Farsi and struggle to actually read the small and slightly smudged writing/font. the content, however, is very good.
on 4 November 2016
It's true what the other reviewers said about small print hard to read. I don't normaly worry about that.
on 17 May 2015
Brilliant
on 2 September 2012
As an ESOL teacher I don't speak Farsi. This is the second copy of this dictionary that I have bought. Every student who has used it has spoken highly of the entries and thorough nature of the dictionary. It may not be totally up-to-date as far as idiom is concerned. In case you are wondering why I have a need for a second copy, clearly one of my students liked the first copy so much that they walked off with it. After the annoyance I was glad to be able to buy another copy - and the price was reasonable too!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse