on 7 April 1999
I loved this book ! After reading this I really felt like I began to understood what we are getting at in the Dojo. So many Martial Arts teach you great lessons for the Dojo or fighting, but Aikido teaches you to deal with the most frequent conflicts - the internal ones. I especially enjoyed the chapters about using Aikido to deal with the death of a loved one, and gaining a black belt at age 50. One of the best books I've read recently.
VINE VOICEon 28 October 2011
this is one of the most interesting of the martial arts and this is a really interesting book to read with its different dimensions, not just about "being a warrior" but about the history, stories, and its relationship to different fields of life. it is well written. Not just a must read for the practitioner - it will be interesting to many people, I'm not an aikido person myself!
on 1 February 2016