on 23 November 2004
Instructions for Word for Dos? Get away? Yup. That's where this book is at. Word for Windows *is* mentioned, but I doubt if it is beyond Word 2. The ideas are fine, but the book is way outdated. I bought this having read Robin's excellent The Non Designer's Design Book, and reviews here. Not many books I buy I think were a waste of money, but this one isn't far off. You'd be much better off buying the Non Designer's book than this one. And I am sure Robin would agree.
on 4 April 2004
I took great care to include two spaces after a full stop and before starting the next sentence. Williams explains why this in incorrect and why so many of us do it religiously, along with a host of other typographic rules. It's relatively short, the writing is concise and interesting and if you type on a computer you'll use what you learn from this book every day.
on 20 June 1997
This is a PC version of the same must-buy book.