on 13 May 1999
Touching Peace is short and simple. Hanh makes meditation easy to practice and understand. He also explains, succinctly, why it is important to practice conscious breathing and how a few conscious breaths can have a positive impact on emotions, health, relationships, and the community. It is zen in a nutshell.
on 2 July 2004
This is a really accessible read . A good introduction to meditation. I have offered it to several friends and relatives because I found it both practical and inspiring. The writing is simple and poetical. I've bought quite a few books on meditation but this author inspires me most by his loving attitude . And what he says really does help.
on 4 August 1998
In yet another book, Thich Nhat Hanh has taken buddist living and brought to the west. His gentle style and caring for the peole reading this book bring first hand the benifits that living mindfully can bring to the planet.
on 5 January 2011
This book saved my sanity, helped me learn how to deal with anger and hurt and turn off the negative thoughts and gave me skills to turn them into more positive emotions. That's one of the keys to the beauty of this book - and, yes, beauty is the right word. It is simple to read, touches you immediately with simple language and shows you easy but powerful thought processes and examples. No psychological or religious mumbo-jumbo. Just a sense of caring, an understanding of how difficult certain situations in life can be and some thoughts and ideas to turn destructive emotions and negative thinking around. I kept it by my bedside and looked forward to the joy and peace reading a chapter would bring me before going into a more peaceful sleep. I still dip into it everyday. So inspiring I will read much more of this author and have become interested in the beauty, joy and peace of Buddhist thought. Just buy it - you won't be disappointed.
on 10 October 2013
Thich Nhat Hanh manages to present mindfullness and peace in a clear and direct manner so that one can learn to have the experience and how that influences and becomes part of the outer not just the inner world. A good book. Helpful and honest from a master who knows what he speaks about.
on 7 August 2016
More wonderful reading appropriate to my lifestyle