on 2 August 2016
I am gradually working through this little book of stretches. They are (to me) very Yoga based. The instructions and illustrations are easy to follow - I like the way the exercises build up to stronger stretches. My favourite illustration is on page 25 caption;' Handknit Vegetable Dyed Wool Hat!
One person found this helpful
on 31 May 2004
I've purchased several books on stretching. My flexibility is pretty poor. This book is at the top of the pile. There's not too much science. Just simple instructions as what to do or not to do.
The diagrams are simple and very effective. The shaded parts represent what is being stretched. There's a good bit about not over stretching and why you may cause damage.
The best of the book is the second half, where it lists stretches for every common sport and the time taken to do all the stretches. There's much more than sports stretches though. There's computer desk, everyday, blue-collar, gardening over 60's, TV and kids stretches (and more too).
Overall, if you dont need too much science then this IS the stretching book for you.
39 people found this helpful
on 25 April 2017
As a Sports Therapist, I use this regularly. It has clearly defined sections for separate sporting activities & also a mini stretch option where time is limited. Includes an Every Day section and stretches to do at the office. Great book from a reputable author.
on 20 March 2016
Straight to the point, focused on stretching exercises. No nonsense mumbo jumbo, and no long scientific analysis. Just lots of stretching exercises with advice on when to use which ones and how to do them properly.
One person found this helpful
on 25 May 2016
An excellent book on stretching which is well written with clear illustrations. This is my favourite book when I have pain and flexibility problems. It also has stretching routines for various sports, computer use, etc. Highly recommended.
on 18 January 2018
Over 50 and in need of oiling in the mornings. Q Bob's book. Great help, starting to leave the oil can on the shelf. Cheers Bob.
on 21 May 2015
An amazing book full of good stretching exercises for all ages and abilities. I bought this following a knee replacement,and needed to loosen the whole leg up,it was very helpful to me. I also found other useful stretches,that I'd done previously with the instructions to do them correctly. Great value.
on 11 April 2018
Great book, I go back to it all the time. Clear illustration, have recommended a lot.
on 16 December 2015
brilliant book. recommended by my osteopath. its excellent. there's nothing you could want for more in a book about stretching and caring for any part of the body. also inlcudes list of useful things to buy to aid healing which i've bought.
on 9 December 2014
Clear, effective, simple exercises that are very well illustrated. When I match the exercises with my daily routine or any exercise, I feel more energetic and I keep my suppleness. This book covers practically all sport activities, so you will not need anything else.
It would be great if it would stay open. Perhaps another type of binding for the next edition.