Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 September 2003
Watchman Nee explains in his book the functions of the body, soul and spirit in relation to our Christian walk. I found it a good guideline for developing spiritually, as it opened my eyes to things I would not have otherwise been aware of, or even thought of. He uses the Word of the Lord to back his writings, which of course is paramount for any teachings purporting to be the Way of the Lord. The book is difficult to read, in that it takes thought, contemplation and prayer to get the most out of it. It also requires reading more than once, as I picked more out of the book the second time I read it than the first. If we could live as Watchman Nee recommends, I believe we would be very powerful for the Work of the Kingdom of God.
on 24 October 1997
It's hard to believe that Watchman Nee had only been a Christian for a few years and was in his early twenties when he wrote The Spiritual Man. This is the first and only book of any substantial size that Nee himself ever wrote, and it is the most comprehensive treatment of spirit, soul, and body ever written. With the precision of a surgeon Nee dissects WHO we are in the light of God's Word, WHY we are the way we are, and HOW it all fits together and relates to God. This is not a book for the casual reader. It will require several readings and many years before it's truths can be grasped, but it's well worth the adventure. Must reading for today's discerning Christian in a world full of half-truths and deceptions.
on 10 January 1999
The is really the only book I suggest Christians read besides the Bible. Mr. Nee is clearly speaking from the Spirit in today's terms. It's a book for the growing Chrisitan, but I don't diefy it. I just have lived what he's preaching and I know that he is 100% accurate. Get it, read it over and over.
on 29 July 1998
For the advance christians that reveals the deeper spiritual truths inspired by God. One of the best book I've ever read next to the bible.
on 6 March 2003
This set of work by Watchman Nee is about as complete as you can get anywhere on the subject of spiritual life. He talks about how we must wholesale reject both the world and our own ideas if we are to fully experience the life of Christ in us. He examines the place of each of our body, soul and spirit and explains the rightful priority that these parts of us should take in God's kingdom compared to those they take in our natural lives. Don't expect this book to be an easy read, it is long and involved and will take several readings to appreciate some of the points made but that said, it has revolutionised the way I see the world and my own Christian life.
on 17 January 2013
I already have a paperback copy but find it useful to have it on my Kindle. This book is for those who are interested in the spiritual side of Christianity and is a wake-up call to those who don't think there are anti-spiritual forces (eg satan) who battle against us on our journey. Everything Watchman Nee writes is soundly based on Scripture and he is the only Christian writer I have studied who explains the difference between Soul and Spirit. In my view this is a very important book and it changed my life!
on 9 November 2012
This is truly a remarkable book. Considering that Watchman Nee was only 10years a Christian when he wrote it his spiritual understanding for one so young in the faith could only have been God given.
I originally purchased the book to gain greater insight into how the spirit, soul and body interacts with God and other spiritual forces. The book more than answers these questions and raises many others. This is not an easy read as it is profoundly challenging. If you are willing to have your darker side revealed and by God's grace allow Him to heal and change you, you will be blessed.
In a nutshell it is reminiscent of the title of M Scott-Pecks book 'The Road Less Travelled'. The Spiritual Man is another of those narrow roads; often difficult and lonely but there is light at the end of the tunnel if you are willing to press on - the choice is yours. Chris L
on 4 May 2012
Some theologians consider W Nee to be as deep in interpreting the Scripture as Paul. I think this is his masterpiece.

It's a very profound book, thus I wouldn't recommend it to those who are not familiar with Nee's vovabulary or who are newly-converted christians.
On the other side, I would definitely recommend it to whoever it hungry to live the type of life the New Testament is really talking about.

The book is split in 3 main parts: Body, Soul and Spirit. Nee describes each of them from a 'natural' perspective and also from a scriptural perspective. The argument is that all 3 parts need to be transformed radically in order to reach God's standard for us. Deeply based on the Bible, Nee leads the way to reaching this.
on 27 June 2014
This highly comprehensive book is addressing all parts of a human being i.e. body, soul, spirit and exposes how wicked men's ways are and how deep we need to be crucified with Christ in everything that belongs to our own thoughts, feelings, desires, emotions, opinions in order to live a life led by the spirit (how it was intended to be in Eden)

Every christian that sincerely needs to grow in Christ and to live a life that will please Him, will fully benefit from the revelations found in this book.

Yes, the formatting may not be the best, I myself have bought a 3 Volume version of this book published by the Living Stream Ministry, but the contents of this book will turn your life around. This is the second time I'm reading it and always I come back to various sections where I am struggling in my daily walk.
on 21 August 2013
This is a profound work for those who have found the narrow way and are on the challenging road to victory. You won't read it in 5 minutes or even 5 days. It is a reference work for the rest of your pilgrimage.