on 7 August 2013
It took forever to get here, I'd forgotten I ordered it! It wasn't what I expected, it was the third book pictured, the main picture is false representation of the item. It gave simple 3 step instructions on the paintings, as a competent artist I could follow it easy enough but a beginner would probably need more as there is a big leap between step 2 and 3 which would be difficult to achieve with no guidance.
on 16 July 2008
I was very dissapointed when I received this book. I was looking forward to some instruction on how to draw animals in pastels but really didn't get much tuition at all. It's a bit like a picture book showing the end result with hardly any build up to the finished picture. Overall I wouldn't recommend this book - it was very dissapointing.
on 15 September 2008
Complete waste of money, the title does not reflect the contents. It is very limited in details, some glossy photos of animal studies with very limited text to back it up. Even for a seasoned pastelist it would be a challenge to gain any hints from this book. Advise: Don't purchase if you are looking to learn pastel animal studies.
on 15 August 2008
Wish I'd read the previous review, but somehow missed it. There is no instruction in this book, just a small quck sketch on some of the animals shown and the finished pictures. I wanted a book to show me how to build up the impression of fur etc in pastel. Overall no instruction worth bothering with. Really disappointed.
on 5 January 2010
This book gives all the help, in fine detail, that I will need to begin to produce cartoons for the purpose of illustrations that I need.

A super book in all aspects, and prices to please every pocket.
on 30 March 2010
I think the negative reviews are a bit harsh. I thought the book to have lots of tips on how to paint fur, noses, ears etc. The only negative comment I have is that the printing of the pictures was not very high quality. But it is very good value, after all you can pay around £4.00 for a magazine these days.
on 27 May 2015
This is not value for money. More informative books on this subject,better quality at lower cost are available on amazon marketplace.
on 26 April 2015