Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 March 2000
I have owned a copy of this book for over 10 years and it has continued to provide me with astrological wisdom and insights that no other book can match. The depth of Stephen Arroyo's writing here is extraordinary, with perhaps the only criticism being that so much is packed in to one single book. But this is hardly a complaint!
The outer planets are covered extensively with many examples of aspects and transits to the birth charts of people with relatively "ordinary" lives. This makes a refreshing change from much astrological literature that deals only with famous people, or people with severe problems of one kind or another. The chapter on Saturn is excellent, particularly the journey of Saturn through the twelve houses. Show any 29-year old (with a bit of self-awareness!) the section featuring the Saturn return, and watch their reaction as they read!
This book is not only full of essential contemporary astrology; Arroyo also draws on his considerable experience of other tools for spiritual and psychological growth. He has a background in marriage and family counselling (chapter on "Karma and relationships"), and his many references to various spiritual teachers, eastern religions, western psychology and the Edgar Cayce psychic readings add to the spiritual power of Arroyo's writing. A modern classic.
on 24 December 1998
I have owned this book for over 15 years and it is as relevant now as it was then. Arroyo has written a masterpiece, jammed packed with so much information grap your highlighter and expect to learn, regardless of your level. Valuable information on the progressed moon, ascendant and midheaven along with accurate detailed accounts of transits. If you want to read about the heart of astrology, buy this book. You won't regret it.
on 6 February 2006
If you are learning modern psychological or (western) spiritual astrology, chances are this will have been recommended to you. It is a top selling title because he modernises and makes clear what the planetary cycles mean. This is not fortune telling but a bringing up to awareness our deep sense of structure in the ageing process. Why do we have a mid-life crisis or adolescent rebellion? Timing does relate to the planets and we can predict their cycles. I think what he says about karma is interesting, whether or not you believe in it. If you are predicting, you need to be aware of this information.
on 1 November 1998
Different from his other books, his writing style here is rather thick. But, since he is really insightful in terms of interpretation of any astrological phenomenon, I could easily read through this book. (I'm not a native speaker in English.) Especially if you are going through some difficult transition period (for example, trans-saturnian planets are making tight aspects to your natal personal planets), this is surely must-read. I would think that he reveals all he wants to say about astrological interpretation. Other his books is not so insightful as this- they are rather intentionally written for novices.
on 4 March 2012
I have loved this book since it first came out and my copy is so battered I decided to buy a new one. The Kindle edition was advertised as being with an index, the one thing missing from the hard copy. So I downloaded the Kindle book. However .... yes there is an index in the back with everything beautifully indiced alphabetically but there are no page references so not a lot of use really. I hope this can be rectified. Otherwise a superb book, read and re-read.
on 27 March 2014
I find this book truly illuminating. It has a holistic, non - judgemental approach to interpreting astrological data in your chart, and using this knowledge and connection with your planets for your spiritual healing and growth. I love the author's humble approach and his recognition of the need to reform and modernise astrological teachings so that they are applicable to our lives today. The text flows well and feels intuitive. It is even poetic at places. Thank you Stephen Arroyo for this beautiful work!
on 5 November 2013
very deep, profound insights...still outstands for the purity and simplicity with which is written.
I couldn't ask for more ...
A book that can be understand and process and reprocess through the different levels of astrology studies.
on 27 March 2013
One of the most informative books I have ever read. This is the one to choose if, like me, you think there should be more depth and meaning in Astrology. He explores the outer Planets with amazing accuracy. I would recomend this book to everyone who has an interest in Astrology.
on 27 June 2013
This book is supreme, a must read for the ones seeking deeper information in this subject.
I can say it really helped me, specially during my Saturn return which was tough.
I own a huge collection of astrology books but this one is the precious one.
on 7 January 2015
didn't find this book very informative, difficult to understand the concepts the author explained,