on 24 January 2018
Love this book, I had it 3 times. It gives you a deep understanding of why you are here and what you need to work on. Every time I got it, I ended up giving it away. I highly recommend this book. I suggested it to so many of my friend and they all taken by at as much as I am. This book, I am keeping this time!
2 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2013
Anyone who is interested in numerology should have this book on their shelves. Written by Dan Millman (The Way of the Peaceful Warrior), it's a well written, indepth look at our lives from a numerically mystical point of view. It covers all aspects of our lives and gives suggestions as to where we can develope those lives and/or heal them, but not in the unicorn and rainbow way (that annoys me although I do appreciate both in their own right!)

When having dinner with friends or at a party, it's facinating how people who don't usually believe in this sort of thing suddenly become facinated by their own numbers and then people start to ask to be next! I'm not a professional numerology or astrology reader or into intense advocation of either subject, but if either comes up I enjoy the subjects and am happy to chat about them. I bought this book for a friend and she really loves.
4 people found this helpful
on 24 November 2011
I first read this book after a close friend gave it to me at a particularly difficult time in my life and it's had prime place on my bookshelf since I purchased my own copy about 2 years ago. It's a book that I come back to quite often because no matter how many times I read my number I am always seeing something new in it that makes so much sense at that time in my life.

The accuracy in specific detail is quite remarkable and I've even had consultations with a vedic astrologer who has told me the exact same things that are in the book, and also the specific health issues from my ayurvedic doctor.

It's definitely true when he says some parts may not sound like you at the time if you haven't reached that point in your life yet, or perhaps you aren't meant to read it yet. I've had a few friends read their number and think it didn't sound correct at all but then after a year or so read it again and have it all completely make sense to them. So I would say it's not really a book you should push on people if they aren't ready for it.

It has really helped reassure me that difficult periods of my life are there for a reason so I'm a lot stronger for it. It's also been helpful in dealing with relationships between friends, family and partners to understand them better and the certain obstacles they face in their own life and why they do the things they do!

Think it's about time I find a hardcopy of this as mine is pretty battered now!
3 people found this helpful
on 17 January 2017
I had read the peaceful warrior books and thought it would be interesting to read this book.

It was okay.but long passages of the book referred to other peoples results.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 September 2017
I lent my first copy to a friend, and it was never returned. As I am always recommending Dan Millman's books to everyone I know, and I missed dipping into the book, I bought another to fill the gap.Well worth it. You'll look up yourself, then your families, then your friends, then your colleagues. You will read it, then re-read, & re-read, & re-read & .... Enjoy!
on 28 January 2017
One of the best numerology books out there! Very insightful, spiritual and well written. Its given me a lot of clarity and awareness of some of the personal issues/patterns that I have struggled with in the past, and given me a clearly perspective on why this might be. I found the description of my numbers very accurate and found all the additional information and advice on the universal laws to work on very useful and empowering!
on 25 June 2016
When i saw this was about numerologie i didn't pay atention. I had see many desciptions of my path number and never was very touched about it.
But then I saw the 'life purpose' in Dan's site and !!! the text it's totaly diferent that normaly is spoken in numerology. And made all sense.

So i bought the book. It's amaizing and the descrition perfect. In fact touch the things that i'm trying to work last months. It was a very good help.

Thanks's a lot!
on 28 October 2013
How can numbers be so spot on? Things you knew about yourself already are explained and how you can make all this work for you. I checked my numbers and was amazed by the information i read. Its great in the fact that you can understand a bit more and able to make better judgments for yourself. I was fascinated and have challenged friends to read their numbers. I loved it and am using it as a guide.

I would recommend it if you are looking to understand your purpose in life and how to be more in sync and informed.
Loved it.
on 26 April 2008
As the title to my heading says an eye opening book so much so they should re-title "way of the peaceful warrior a book that changes lives" as peaceful warrior can & does open your eyes but "The life you were born to live" truly can change your life.
I have had this book for a while and have been reading all Dans books i now wish i had read this book straight after the "peaceful warrior".
I have had quite a few personal problems in my life of late and after reading the first two chapters of this book was shocked at the similarities it states have been truly eye opening I now know what my life purpose is i guess i did but reading dan's honest wording i am now and truly on the path to happiness.
on 11 May 2018
Ok but it hasn't given me any great insights to what I should be doing in my life. A bit too vague really, generally open to interpretation.