Format: Cards|Change

on 9 November 2010
It's a real shame these stunning cards were printed on such shiny cardboard. I absolutely love the designs and the fact they are black and white, but could they not have been less plasticky? It really lets them down...

On the plus side, these are intricately drawn, beautiful, incredibly detailed cards that, as mentioned by another reviewer, will not suit everyone. However, they are an excellent set for anyone with a strong interest in Hermeticism or the Golden Dawn, and much can be learned about the symbolism via the books of Robert Wang - The Qabalistic Tarot comes highly recommended.

I also use them for personal meditation and ritual and divination work, but I would happily use them with a friend if they wished - i just don't know anyone who'd find them appropriate.

Overall, I love them, but I can't get over that disappointment I feel when I see them reflecting the light in a cheap, tacky way, or when I touch them and they feel like they've been put through my laminator.

To the publisher: I would gladly buy another set were they reprinted on a more suitable material!
on 3 November 1998
This deck reminds me of Crowley's. Its black and white drawings are crammed with so much symbolism, it can be overwealming at first. But it all becomes very clear with experience. I use this deck for meditative purposes. The little booklet is a bit sparse on interpretive meanings, check out Wang's book on the Golden Dawn deck.
on 5 February 2014
this deck is certainly not for everyone, it's very detailed and has a lot alchemical/astrological symbols in it. i find this deck in black/white to be a true gem, but i know a lot of people would be put off by the imagery and the many details in the cards. i give this a 5 star cause this deck is a truly unique gem in my eyes, i love the b/w design and the quite dark imagery itself in the cards, and super fast shipping from amazon! i definitely reccomend this deck to anybody into studying the hermetics or that's into more unique and darker tarot decks.
on 26 October 2009
If you are looking for a deck that will give clear symbolic images, this is it. Beautiful, colorful artwork, it's not. Black ink drawings only which are primarily based on the Thoth deck. Some of the artwork is good, some is awful. It's as if the artist could draw everything but the human form, which he renders in a flat style or overworked to show dimension. The titles are very informative because they state the Lord, Spirit, Children or Daughter designations associated with esoteric teachings, so once again, very good for study work. I would not use this deck to do a reading with for anyone else.
on 17 January 2012
I have to say that I'm really impressed with this deck. Even it's printed in black&white but the work is so delicate both printing and die-cut unlike many other decks I've ever seen. I love it ^v^
on 23 September 2013
A beautiful, intricately designed deck of cards. More complicated to read than the Hanson-Roberts deck (which I would suggest for beginners as I started with). This set of cards has a depth that I'm sure with continual use will become more apparent.
on 11 July 2016
Brilliant, amazing, fantastic, highly recommended, must have deck for students of kabbalah, astrology, hermetism, alchemy. This deck should never go out of print, it's a classic and I like it so much it's now my main reading deck.
The artwork is a bit sketchy but who really cares, all the symbolism is there and that's all that matters, and the card stock is brilliant.
on 17 October 2014
Thick quality cards, strong box, dry but very informative 70 page little book- covers the symbols, Hebrew letters, astrology, and a bit of the history behind the decks creation. Art reproduction is clear and crisp.
on 7 August 2010
these are a beautiful set of cards, the designs are each unique and very powerful
on 19 June 2016
Of all the tarot deck I own, this is the most detailed and intricate in my possession. This tarot deck follows the Raider Waite deck. Except the Page is replaced with the Princess. Each card has correspondents for astrology, the Kabbkah and the elements written on them, in symbol form. Along with some small detail down the bottom. For example The Page/Princess of Pentacles has the symbol for ,Earth along the top of the card in the corner meanwhile along the the bottom is written,"Princess of the Echoing Hills." Despite being rich with symbolism, this deck really is very artistically made. I recommend this tarot deck for anyone, who is interested in the Arts, anyone studying Kabblah as these cards are brillian for studying the tree of life. They work well with meditation and trance work but can also be used in readings.