on 22 August 2015
The imagery is familiar from the Rider-Waite-Smith deck, but here it is far more vivid and immediate. We're much closer to the figures, and the colours are richly saturated. The effect is immersive, appealing and accessible. Several of the cards are grippingly beautiful--the 3 of pentacles, 2 of swords and 8 of cups are some of my particular favourites, looking like stained glass windows. A couple of the cards are disappointing to me--the vacant stares of the three women with the 3 of cups make this look less like an engaging social opportunity than the welcoming committee for a cult. The couple on the two of cups look like they're tensely recovering from a nasty argument...unlike the soft-saxophone sensuality of The Lovers.

The worst thing about this deck is definitely the 70s moustaches. The Magician, in particular, is a little hard to take seriously. If you can handle the staches, though, I think this is a wonderfully interesting and rewarding deck.

The cards have a wonderful hand-feel, slippery and lively, fun to shuffle. This would be an really good deck to begin with, although the 'white book' included with the deck really is just a folded sheet of paper with a few words of interpretation.
4 people found this helpful
on 27 September 2017
The Morgan Greer Tarot is a pleasure to read.

The bordered images on the cards make interpretation simple and quick.

The images are somewhat 70's based which makes the deck all the more quirky and when I offer clients a choice of decks its normally the Morgan Greer or the Hanson Roberts decks that are always chosen.

You'll never regret having a Morgan Greer deck in your tarot collection and even if you only own one single deck, then choose this one as you'll find reading from it very enjoyable and easy.
on 21 December 2015
This is a stunning tarot deck! I was immediately drawn to it when I saw that these cards are without borders. I have many tarot decks, but these are without question the most relatable and inspiring, and because all the cards are complete with full vision - I can completely recommend these. The energy these cards give off is clear and beautiful! I definitely prefer these to the Rider Waite. These certainly pack a punch when used for readings. Top class!!
2 people found this helpful
on 16 December 2014
I absolutely love these cards. They are wonderfully bright and colourful with lots of detail and also borderless, which I love. They have a very 1970's feel about them, as others have commented. Being a '70's child this appeals to me. After using them on a daily basis, after about a month or so they began to "speak" to me and have found the images move inside the cards, drawing my attention to something which means a lot to my Client. I've bought a few packs of different cards since these ones, and when I return to these I find I feel like I'm coming home... I can't recommend them highly enough. Also good for beginners as the images are not too disimilar to Rider Waite, which I believe to be the best cards to learn with.
3 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2014
I would say this is a good tarot for beginners and professionals alike. The images are very colourful so if you read colour this is ideal. There are no borders on the cards, this makes the images really pop out. It is a good old classic tarot and everyone should have one in their collection. It is very readable. If you like a bit of retro you will love the seventies moustaches on the men, l personally love this tarot and although readily obtainable now it could prove to be a future classic.
on 8 December 2014
An olde but a goode. This deck is the legend which is the Morgan - Greer. I feel every tarotista has to have either the RWS or this cracker of a deck. I love how the images are 1970's and that appeals to me more than the RWS. I do have to comment on the devil card. You could use it as a Samhain / Halloween decoration. Thats the coolest and spookiest tarot deck I have either seen!
on 22 March 2016
Fantastic Deck for experienced readers or total beginners. For both, I'd recommend intuitively interpreting the cards, forget guide books and using only major arcana, this stuff is easy peasy when you let it flow.
3 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2017
great quality deck and simple i use it to draw every morning one card for the day to come and its simple to visualize
on 28 September 2013
Really loving these cards,,they are bright coloured and attractive to work with...although the devil card it a little hard to look at for extended periods ha! Generally easy to read as the artist sticks with the important symbology and colours used in some of the older more traditional decks. Good buy x
2 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2016
I was a bit weary of buying this but I'm so glad I did. I love the style of the cards. Love the fact that the are borderless and I think the artwork is fantastic. I love this deck.