on 12 June 2009
The Animal Free Shopper is a great aid to any vegan shopper but it is certainly not an exhaustive list of all things vegan. For one reason or another (certainly not due to the fault of it's creators) not every product or even most products that are vegan are included. A good help but it would be nice to find a guide that was more inclusive of a greater number of vegan products.
on 23 June 2016
Absolutely essential to have in your shopping bag if you are a Vegan! It has completely opened up our world in enabling us to purchase, with peace of mind, food that we previously thought was out of bounds for us. A must have book and so full of information. Brilliant!
on 14 October 2009
An excellent reference for new & experienced vegans, but by no means an exhaustive list. Definitely worth owning a copy though. Apart from food, it also covers drink (hard & soft), cosmetics and clothing. It also covers more obscure things such as office supplies and musical instruments and even pet supplies.
on 3 November 2008
I've been buying this book for myself since it first came out many years ago. Essential for new and seasoned Vegans and anyone wishing to avoid meat and dairy for whatever reason. Lists thousands of items and has lots of useful tips. Just check out how many different chocolates are vegan!
on 25 October 2010
Rather than something I'd take on a general food shop, I've found that this guide is most useful to me as a reference when I want to buy something specific that I wouldnt find in a supermarket, for example clothing or stationery. The guide does a good job of listing supermarket own brand products, but due to supermarket ingredients lists constantly changing, I find it more efficient to read packaging labels as I go round. To aid in this, the book includes a list of non-vegan additives and ingredients that might not immediately be obvious. All together a comprehensive guide, includes a wide variety of products other than foods.
on 25 May 2010
i tryed to do vegan shopping on my own with out any guide this is a must have for old and new vegan`s.i feel like i can live my life more easyer to this guide.
on 14 January 2015
Lots of really useful information and clarification on all things Vegan. Essential when I am doing my food shopping!
on 17 June 2010
Great information, have found many things to use and things I did not know about some products.
on 9 February 2015