on 11 February 2014
Possibly requires a little bit of updating in places - and as usual with this sort of thing a little SE England centric - but it's still by far the best primer on badgers I've read.

Simple, clear and easy to understand, plus the cartoons are brilliant!

Short enough that I was able to read it in one sitting in an afternoon but still packed with information, I'd recommend it to anyone starting out in the badger world.
on 5 January 2017
It is sad to see a lot of Badgers being killed over the years and before you know it they also will become extinct great wee book
on 28 July 2017
Excellent book, amazing price.
on 5 May 2016
Very informative book with good black and white illustrations.
on 16 January 2017
poyser books a must
on 24 June 2013
This book is very informative as we see badgers coming into our garden every night and wish to learn more about them.
on 21 May 2014
This is a very thorough and well presented book, I have learned a lot about the badgers visiting our garden without being a dedicated naturalist.
very quick delivery too.
on 14 December 2016
very good book with excellent information 5*****
on 11 May 2015
Great book.
on 6 April 2013
I was driving through the English countryside in February 2013 with my girlfriend and we saw a dead badger on the side of the road and then another a further mile up the road. We encountered one more dead badger about a mile later and my girlfriend informed me that the badgers were coming out of winter hibernation and confused and thus walking onto the road to their deaths. 'Do badgers hibernate?' I asked. 'Yes, they do' she replied adamantly 'along with hedgehogs and other woodland creatures'. I took out my phone and googled badgers only to find out that British badgers definitely DO NOT hibernate. This book has subsequently been the perfect birthday gift for my girlfriend as it has allowed her to study the habits of badgers properly and it reminds her not to talk of the top of her head about even ridiculous things like badgers. The word badger is now the perfect conduit in almost any situation with which to ask, 'do you really know what you're talking about?' This is a great book. I love it!