on 11 June 2013
Interesting book and loved the colour pictures of the sixties glass. I am now much more confident when buying things.
One person found this helpful
on 12 August 2015
Great book. Very informative however the book is badly bound, within two uses the covers came away from the binding.
on 7 October 2010
The contents of the book are ok -- but the quality of the materials used to bind it are poor -- my book fell apart after one month of use -- I have seen one other review stating the same problem -- pity.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 December 2013
broke up with in a few minutes of opening it, very poor binding content ok. shame it was'nt, glued properly.
on 29 July 2015
Excellent book,excellent service
on 19 October 2014
Good but not as comprehensive as I thought.
on 23 August 2006
Whether you are a collector or seller of Whitefriars Glass, this book is invaluable and essential. Not only does it have a glossary listing all the terms describing the specific applications at Whitefriars but the illustrations are exceptional and the reference to pattern numbers, dating, etc. very helpful. Not only does this book cover the sought after Whitefriars Glass such as the Banjo Vase, Cello Vase, Drunken Bricklayer, etc., but also their Glass dating back to 1830. My own copy is very worn through constant use!!
25 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2012
After looking at other stores and ebay I bought my husband this book for Christmas from Amazon. I trusted Amazon as used it previously and great books. Plus this one was from 'amazons own store' cant go wrong I thought not shoddy dealer but amazon itself selling will be the best book I thought. The first one although stated new and was £25.00 had the cover falling off and excess bubbling white bulging glue attached where it had been tried to restick. I complained and asked for another quickly to still have it for Christmas and asked them to check the second one and to add the love message from me. They sent another bad book 23rd dec so too late change again. same condition with cover coming off 'without' my message and obviously not checked. It ruined Christmas as I had to give my hubby the first (as it had the message attached from me) and explainned the book was in fact new and Ill sort it out. Spoilt the moment really! I have photos I took but not sure how to attach. Finally got refund after them emailing me about the second book saying they'll charge me!!!automatically out my bank so that would of been two payments for two bad books!. I still had it as I was emailing them about it asking for them to resolve the issue. So not 100% happy with amazon. This book shouldnt of gone out or packed unnoticed. etc
7 people found this helpful
on 30 October 2009
I didn't actually get to read it , just turned over the pages & by the time I'd got to the end it had completely come away from the spine . I returned it & had a replacement , the same thing happened . so I had a refund .
Quite a lot of coloured pictures
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2013
Fascinating book of historical content about whitefriars glass from its inception up to modern times. It covers a comprehensive range of designers ,fashions and influences that affected the glass industry and crammed with lots of detail and photographs of glass past and present. The collector, student or reader with a passing interest in glass will find this a captivating read. The only drawback is that being a paperback the cover is glued to the spine and I know some purchasers have had them fall off. My copy is fine and as long as you are a careful reader and store the book safely it should retain its integrity and value. Well worth the investment!