on 29 August 2017
Good book - not much more to say about except that it does compliment other books in the series by Dr. Hessayon
on 15 May 2017
Wicked, cannot wait to learn and become more green fingered. Thank you very quick.
on 26 August 2015
very use full for beginners
on 8 October 2015
Very well presented books without any overkill
on 6 July 2009
This is a really useful book, clear and easy to use. We have always rated the expert series of books and this one did not disappoint us. The photos/illustrations of all the problems and pests in flowers, trees/shrubs, vegetables, fruit etc. are excellent. Highly recommended.
on 20 April 2009
This is not a book to read as such but to consult when you have an unidentified weed or pest. Unfortunately it doesn't cover everything I find in my garden, only the more common beasties!
on 17 April 2010
Love all my 17 Expert books but this was very disappointing and not necessary as almost all the information was already in the other books - it was just printed on a larger scale. Very little new stuff and lacking in lots of common pests and diseases.
on 1 June 2013
I have The Lawn Expert book from this large set which is very good.
However, i was extremely disappointed with the knowledge on certain things in The Pest & Weed Expert.
It seems some of the info is out-dated and out of touch. The illustrations, rather than photos are really poor quality.

I work in Lawn Care so to see and read some of the things in this book left me no more knowledgeable.
This book requires a good updating with PHOTOS not poor illustrations!
on 3 March 2010
Disappointment, uneasy feelings as leaves change colour, odd look to growing plants? Something is causing it, but how to find out quick enough to save the day?
Here is the easy early warning guide with rescue strategies and avoidance measures for the future.
Just about everthing most growers will ever need to know, illustrated for easy reference, clearly explained and presented in an easy-to-access format.
If every other volume of advice disappeared overnight, we could all survive on this one.
on 9 September 2011
This review is based on first impressions only. I desperately needed to know what the bugs are on my new allotment - good or bad.
I thought this book would help. However, the sketches of the little critters are not as useful as photos/diagrams would be. I did the "Look Inside" thing and saw photos on the first few pages, but it was after that point that the pencil came out.
I'll still read it though as I hope the text will be a big help. Now if you'll excuse me I've got some slugs to get rid of.