TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 October 2015
I have always regarded Dr. Hessayon’s books as the most practically useful in offering gardening help and information. For me this is one of the later additions to the series, though published in its revised form in 1994. The one disadvantage for younger readers is that measurement and temperatures etc. are still on the imperial scale rather than the now more convenient metric. This, though, in the light of what the pages contain, is a small obstacle.

The book looks at virtually all forms of greenhouses and conservatories, even offering advice on how to construct your own, though not recommended. The book’s real value though, is the detailed information set out in a clear logical fashion, about the huge range of plants, both decorative and edible that a greenhouse/conservatory allows us to grow. To this is added most useful sections on possible problems and how to overcome them, as well as specific and clear advice on tasks to be tackled each month. In all, this is a great investment. It will repay its cost many times. Strongly recommended.
on 17 April 2016
Different version of the same book however the person I bought it for was actually glad it was the older book so all good but it would have perhaps been helpful to show it was the older version. The book was in excellent condition. Had a few tea stains on front but wiped off no problems but excellent condition really and the person this book was for is very happy with the book. So thanks!! Definitely would like to know if the seller has any of the other expert books for sale!??
on 12 June 2016
This is the third time I have bought this book - it is so well used that I have needed to replace it (although once it get get a soaking). I wholeheartedly recommend this - it's thorough and informative. I have also recently upgraded my copy of the Garden Expert (same series) by buying the Green version (with lots of environmental tips). They really do compliment each other, especially if you are trying to make your garden more nature-friendly.
on 10 June 2014
I'm not good with plants or, basically, anything green.

Having moved to a house with a greenhouse (a good start for such a considered purchase), I bought this book in a vain attempt to not chernobyl everything I try and grow..

Not only does it tell me what to plant, when and where but also how to look after the suckers. Looks like I'll need a new vocation.
on 30 November 2017
Bought this for my mum and her greenhouse gave her a great start on growing worth it
on 20 November 2016
A very good book but the price on the back of the book is £5.99!!!! It is a paperback and in line with all the other similar 'Expert' publications. I noticed the price and assumed I was ordering a hard-back book. I have asked the distributor for a break-down in their costs as I am left feeling annoyed to have paid such an extortionate amount for a paper-back.
on 10 March 2016
As an absolute beginner I find this book to be an excellent guide, and no doubt it will still be invaluable as I gain more experience
on 21 February 2018
Gave me good advice on growing tomatoes.
on 5 January 2018
Ok book
on 8 July 2017
excellent little book wife thrilled with it