on 20 August 2016
Brilliant concept, so well known it needs no help from me!
on 27 June 2017
useful
on 3 April 2016
Very helpful and well illustrated book
on 21 April 2016
A good description and lovely pictures.
on 19 June 2017
A good addition to the book shelf
on 19 November 2013
I loved flipping through this book and marking what I would like . Great guide well for an inexperienced gardener anyway
on 23 June 2016
My dad thought it was a brilliant book
on 28 August 2008
I dont know what I would do with out this book when it comes to shrubs.
A must have when planting as gives straight forward information and the ideal location and the space needed when fully grown.
Gives very clear basic hints and tips when it comes to pruning and mulching.
I have lent this book to many friends who have shrubs that they are not sure about and they have all said what an easy to read book yet so informative.
on 24 November 2008
You will have to look no further than this excellent guide its the complete A to Z of flowering shrubs. Whether you are a seasoned gardener or a novice like myself this book will appeal to all.

For each shrub you get : its Latin name,its common name,expected size,deciduous,climber or evergreen,available colours,flowering period,berrying period,a varieties description,info on site and soil,pruning info,propagation info,a colour photograph and a colour drawing.Now pardon my sarcasm but short of actually planting the shrubs for us I don't think there is much more that Dr.D.G.Hessayon can do!!

Also in this series are :The tree and shrub expert,The bulb expert and The lawn expert and these I can wholeheartedly recommend I'm aware of about 15 others but haven't read them, I would suspect an information overlap in there somewhere or am I being cynical.Anyway this ones well worth a read.
on 13 April 2017