Customer reviews

on 2 May 2017
This is the first Gardening book I ever bought so it was purchased for nostalgia's sake.
It's still good but there is a more up to date version
on 6 April 2003
The Vegetable Plotter gives basic information on vegetable growing and handy charts to fill in showing where and when you planted what. If you want to compare consecutive years or just remember what those pitiful little shoots are meant to be, this book makes it easy to keep track of your garden. Well laid out and informative.
on 24 February 2006
I have used this booklet since 1976. It gives a perfect record of what you are growing. As a beginner it makes vegetable growing easy leading you every step of the way with basic vegetables.
I wish there was a more up to date version for the more exotic veg. being grown today. If there is I'll be first in line!
on 16 September 2013
This very handy book is invaluable for soil types, how to attain perfect soil (loam) and when to sow/set seeds/bulbs etc. Also when and how to harvest your crops. How to rotate your crops for better growth and performance from your efforts. How to control weeds. It even has a chart to use for your reference as to what crops you have sown/planted where and when. Also estimated time to pick them. This little booklet is my Gardening Bible that I cherish and follow step by step and over the years stood me in good stead with my crops. It was destroyed in the 2007 floods but thankfully I happened to find one on Amazon Site and bought it straight away as my old book was shared with my dad who sadly passed away in 1977 and this book was one of the remaining items that I could identify with my dad. When the book was destroyed I was gutted but now thanks to Amazon I have a replacement.. I can never bring my dad back but this little book brings me closer to him every time I open and flick through it, I remember the things my dad taught me and things that only I can understand and appreciate. I fully recommend this book to all gardeners young and old, I also think that these should be available to schools and that the benefits of gardening should be taught in schools to the youngsters of today so that they may grow their own food for the table with all the benefits it brings socially and exercise wise the children would love it given the right encouragement from their elders.
on 20 January 2010
I was given a copy of this book years ago and have used it every year, even more so in the five years that I have had an allotment. Two months ago a fellow allotmenteer saw it and having gardened all his life still wanted a copy - I obtained it for him through Amazon - he is delighted. What more could one say!
on 17 April 2012
I bought this in the seventies and foolishly gave it away a couple of years ago. So pleased to get a replacement as I'd really missed it. Very useful, the best book for beginner (or more experienced)gardeners. Looking forward to bumper crops.
on 30 March 2011
I have had one of these little books for years and find it invaluable. A friend has just started planting a vegetable plot so I bought this one second hand for her. It arrived quickly and as described, in fact in better condition than my own.
on 9 December 2012
classic short book for the beginner, useful, easy to understand info on growing the most popular veggies, lots of handy hints
on 25 July 2015
I've been using this since 80's and just needed a new one. It is not up to date so some newer varieties are not included
on 23 May 2014
Really helpful book for beginners in veg gardening now replaced by veg and herb plotter. But older book still wonderful