Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 April 2017
Pretty small book. Bought as a novelty joke.
on 6 March 2017
Great gift for my Nephew travelling around Australia.
on 12 August 2009
Those of you who are expecting a full dictionary will be disappointed with this book. It's small, compact. It does give you some funny comparisons into the Oz lingo just don't expect a full phrase book
on 21 July 2010
I bought this book to give as a silly gift to an English friend, only to discover that the very first entry refers to 'Abo" as a term for an Indigenous Australian! And 'gin' as a term for an Indigenous woman! This book was reprinted in 2009!

That's like saying that it's fine to call someone a "Paki" in the UK. Surely someone else has written complaining about how offensive this is! I've wasted my money, as of course I can't give it away and the postage to return it will be the same price as the book. I'm writing to the publishers.

PS. If you're English and intending to travel to Australia, I wouldn't advise using the term, "abo" unless you want to be viewed as a racist idiot. If you ARE a racist idiot, please don't visit Australia, we have enough of our own already.
on 24 January 2012
Gave this to a friend who was moving to Australia and she loves it! Covers most common word differences and has also provided her Australian friends with a giggle as some of the words are only used in certain areas.
on 15 August 2009
It was ok but the contents were a bit thin on the ground. I have the US slang and the Cockney Rhyming which were great but this didn't have nearly as many entries.
on 19 August 2010
Yes the product was what I wanted but it said the price on the back 1.99 - less than what I'd paid which I found disappointing.
on 14 April 2015
just what i wanted for a friend going to OZ
on 7 September 2016
Went down as a joke really well!
on 14 December 2016