Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 April 2005
This is a brilliant book but rather short. The author has mentioned why he wrote this little number in the preface part and it is fun with great illustrations and captions underneath for usage in a jokey way. For a very basic book on Cockney Slang and English translation words why not buy this book.
on 22 May 2014
It's a great gift for my sister-in-law, who think Dick Van Dyke's accent in 'Mary Poppins' is accurate... A great book to flip through every so often too.
on 7 March 2014
Not a very extensive dictionary (and I don't think it was ever intended as such), more like a pocket-sized reference guide.
Much smaller size than I had expected but quite handy and well done. Has some sketches/pictures drawn which are nicely done.
on 6 February 2013
My American friend loved this. It's a great novelty gift. The only downside is that the title peeves me - I've never heard it referred to as "Rhyming Cockney Slang", only the other way around, as "Cockney Rhyming Slang", but I suppose it doesn't matter.
on 22 April 2012
This little book has been helpful with books and TV programmes (e.g.Minder) when I need a translation. A few words omitted but overall a handy book and fun to read! I am going to buy another copy as a gift for my son.
on 17 December 2014
Brought as Christmas present for my brother as he has recently moved to the cockney area I find it helpful when visiting him. I might have to buy another copy so I understand him.
Great book great quality
on 31 October 2011
A fun book which my friends across the pond enjoyed, never having heard of cockney slang, very entertaining without getting too deep into the history.
on 19 January 2014
It was a present idea to go with a film.!
All the slang was exactly what was needed to translate but also made for a few laughable quotes. Thanks
on 8 April 2014
Nice little book. It's amazing how we use so much of this 'rhyming slang' in our everyday lives (even though we very rarely visit London.)
on 3 January 2014
For someone to understand this who has not experienced Cockney slag it was easy to follow.
Also with two ways to find what is wanted.