on 17 June 2017
Great Read
on 13 June 2017
Heavy going but informative
on 4 June 2015
Enjoyable read fires your imagination
on 7 April 2012
Does exactly what I hope of it: informs clearly and concisely a multitude of Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome. Yes in some places the writing is a little dull but I see this book more as a reference point than a drama or thrilling fantasy. This is intended to inform and it achieves this perfectly.
I love Greek Mythology , I even have an "A" grade O level in it , but I felt I needed an update and this was perfect for me, I skimmed over the Roman bits. I really enjoyed and I love the list at the back of all the names and places. Made it easier to chose the new kittens name, she is now Clio after the muse of history ( not the car aas my 20 year old son thought). If you want a good insight to the basis of greek mythology then this is a good cheap little download.
on 23 September 2012
Very good book. It explains who each of the Gods are, in an order which makes sense. It tells you the stories behind the Gods, what scarfices were made to them, what they looked like and what they were God of. A must read for anyone who is interested in the Gods of Ancient Greece.
on 26 April 2011
If you are at all interested in greek/roman mythology this book is excellent. It explains who the different gods were, their relationship to each other, and the myths surrounding them. It also has a guide to pronunciation of names which is good. The only thing I didn't like was the format of the book. It looks like it has been hand-typed which is a bit off-putting for me, but once you start reading that you forget all about that.
on 9 March 2012
Very good read. I have always been interested in the Greek methology so its good to finally have a book that has all the stories of the gods and goddesses

Would highly recommend this to anyone
on 4 January 2011
A book that informs about greek mythology and its characters in a easy but non patronizing style. I highly recommend it.
11 Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse