on 19 April 2018
I started reading about Hamish Macbeth after I had read all of the Agatha Raisin books. He is as annoyingly addictive as she. Quick and easy read mysteries although I have to say I prefer the books in the beginning of the series and feel that some of the later storylines are clutching at straws and a bit second rate as far as storylines go but I have got quite fond of the characters and will continue to read as and when a new book comes out which the author is probably banking on.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 January 2014
This is a relaxing read. Hamish is investigating the murder of a local muck raking TV journalist who has more enemies, including Hamish, than anyone can count due to her personality and interviewing style. As with all Ms Beaton's book's Hamish is either aided or handicapped by the villagers (depending on your point of view), fails in the romance stakes and solves the crime. This is all done with wry humour and a message about the consequences of journalism's wider excesses. If you like well done, undemanding reading this may be the book for you.
on 20 March 2018
Typical M C Beaton and yet another great story about Hamish Macbeth. These are my favourite books when I want something to lighten my mood. As well written as ever and never fails to make me laugh.
on 15 September 2013
M C Beaton does it again with another Hamish. This time a TV presenter decides to go on a muck raking trip and tries to discover peoples secrets and make a TV series out of it. Before she gets to far, she is murdered and it is left to Hamish to catch the killer or killers!!!

Good read. Would recommend.
on 20 April 2018
present for husband
on 23 October 2017
Good read.
on 2 February 2018
as expected
on 25 February 2015
Another enjoyable read. Hamish Macbeth solves the murders with the help of a female accomplice against the beautiful highland backdrop.
on 27 June 2013
I liked this book because it was good story. I am interested in the characters in this series of books and I enjoy reading about their lives, the murder(s) and Hamish's dog Lugs.
on 3 August 2017
entertaining read as usual from this author.