Customer reviews

on 24 November 2016
I love this book. I bought it as part of my yoga teacher training and it has been my best so far. It is explaining complicated things simply and it's easy to read overall. Happy with the purchase. I would recommend it to all yoga enthusiasts.
on 11 September 2016
This book is a pre yoga TT course read and what a joy it is. Written in easy conversation with Desikachar. Almost as if he's sitting chatting to you. An easy introduction into every aspect of the yoga philosophy. Eight limbs and sutras. Anyone training or just wanting to live yoga this book is an essential
on 6 May 2015
Very interesting read, although there a lot of sanskrit words in that I find difficult to read! This is my downfall and something I need to learn and not a bad reflection on the book - if you can cope with the sanskrit I think it is an excellent read - very informative.
VINE VOICEon 13 March 2014
Informative, fascinating, educational... This classic text is a must-have for anybody who is interested in, or practising, yoga. It's such a useful book to keep close to your mat, for both guidance and inspiration.
on 26 August 2012
I am trainIng to be a yoga teacher after 17 years practice. I have had this book 4 years and still come back to it as a reference point. It was highly recommended to me and now I share that with you.
Om shanti!
on 2 May 2016
A classic essential book for all serious students of yoga
on 19 July 2017
i havent finished reading it yet but so far it is amazing and explains in great detail all about Yoga
on 25 October 2015
A key text for any serious yogi(ni)
on 7 May 2016
beautiful &usufful book, a must have in your collection if you want to go deeper in yoga philosophy and basis
on 30 January 2015
Good all round introduction and more to Yoga humble attitude of the author shines through plus warmth.