on 19 May 2009
This is the book I should have had when I was a student herbalist! The pharmacology and actions of herbs chapters are detailed and I have found these particularly useful. The book assumes some knowledge of chemistry. It is aimed at professional herbalists, not really for the lay person. I would recommend this book as a good basis for a scientific/medical approach that is still holistic. Definitely worth the money.
on 15 April 2011
This is a fantastic book and is packed with information, which is easily digestible! As a Herbal Advisor, this covers more than enough information and if you were considering training as a Medical Herbalist this would also be a good buy. Well worth its money!
on 22 February 2015
Beautiful book.
Encyclopedia for herbalism... Gives a wide mixture of descriptions, uses and loads of chemical structures for those interested in chemistry but at the same time should not put off the less science oriented public as descriptions for background, uses and applications well written and described. Fantastic book.
Have not looked into the depth of it yet as there are so many plants and active compounds that I don't know were to start.
But for the less specialised, would suggest starting with common plants such as nettle, dandelion, and then expand knowledge to other plants.
on 3 April 2013
Does what it says on the can. I wish I had had this book when I first started studying phytotherapy. Can't recommend it enough.
on 27 November 2015
As a retired Professional Herbalist it was far better than what I had Expected. I shall be using it in 2016 , wheI will be teaching three people Herbalism for the next five years. I will be purchasing further Herbals from you in the New Year. Sincerely, Kenneth Eames.
on 3 March 2015
A great book. I really enjoyed the phytochemical aspect to this piece of work by David, it is a fantastic addition to your/my herbalist library and a book i wouldn't be without.
on 28 May 2015
The very best book to buy on the subject of herbal medicine
on 10 September 2015
Great book, one of my No1 herb books.
on 17 November 2015